ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F.A.O Mechanics or PH1 geeks

Stagecoach Ticket
Plugged the ph1 in today after being 2 lazy to do it over the weekend. Pinged back "circuit knock Sensor" this is the sensor on the bottom end of the block yeah? with the brown casing. Is it just a case of pop off pop on job done?

J

Stagecoach Ticket
Thanks mate thought so but always best to check will change it in the morning might get some mpg/performance back then!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I think (could definitely be wrong) that the knock sensors just keeps the car alive? i.e if it's faulty the car is prone to stalling/not starting? Or is that the crank sensor? or are they the same thing? LOL!?!?

53 Clio's & counting
Thats crank sensor mate :)

Crank sensor notes the rotation of the bottom end, it bolts to the block just above the box, the knock sensor is just by the oil filter

53 Clio's & counting
Ahhhh, yeshhh, I remember when I took out the wrong thing, LOL!

I learn something everyday, cheers Russ.

Now ITB my car!

You need to come see mine at some point lol

what are the symptons of a faulty knock sensor?

I didnt realise mine was faulty untill I checked the fault codes tbh, though after fitting a new one it did seem to pick up better

Stagecoach Ticket
s**t MPG
bad performance
limp mode like performance
exhaust will pop and bang on idle
proberly more but there common ones

As russ sais thats the crank sensor mate

Cheers russ thought it was the one but was just checking before i orderd up and changed it

£27 all in seem pretty good for the part? thats with discounts etc

Stagecoach Ticket
Had to come from local reno in the end as unipart dnt stock em off the shelf and there normally massivly over priced due to being in a posh little village did full trade and futher discount apparently.

Thanks for quick reply mate

2003 Clio 172
Are these common things to fail?

Would these cause the heavy puffs from the exhaust every couple of seconds?

53 Clio's & counting
Had to come from local reno in the end as unipart dnt stock em off the shelf and there normally massivly over priced due to being in a posh little village did full trade and futher discount apparently.

Thanks for quick reply mate

No worries fella :)

Are these common things to fail?

Would these cause the heavy puffs from the exhaust every couple of seconds?

With issues like that mate, just get it onto a diagnostics machine - you could end up throwing money away

2003 Clio 172
No worries fella :)

With issues like that mate, just get it onto a diagnostics machine - you could end up throwing money away

LAAAAAD, don't say that....

Is clip the only machine that'll do?

Would rstuner be a good start?

Stagecoach Ticket
as russ sais get it plugged in mate

But it could well be if your having puffs and pops from the exhaust

But could also be lam sensor,cat,air leaks,blowing exhaust + many more mate

Dodgy one
s**t MPG
bad performance
limp mode like performance
exhaust will pop and bang on idle
proberly more but there common ones

As russ sais thats the crank sensor mate

Cheers russ thought it was the one but was just checking before i orderd up and changed it

£27 all in seem pretty good for the part? thats with discounts etc

Mine summed up then lol,

Although no fault codes come up :s