ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**king numptys - lowering

Abarth 500

.........just took my car in to get springs fitted, f**king numpty mechanic just called me saying "are u sure u want these fitted now, it will make the car lower" nooooooooo really mate i thought LOWERING springs made it higher " but your wheels will rub when u put the shopping in" um no they wont unles i go a years worth of shopping in one trip, anyway the only thing ive ever had in my boot is shoe"but ill have to adujst your headlights coz it wil be lower, that will be a job"oorrrrrr i can just use the little twiddly wheel by the streeing wheel and do it myselfim no officially worried :S.................but hes a good mechanic though

Abarth 500

ggggggggrrrrrrrrrrr :mad: now im really pissed off, hes now refusing to do it coz he said it will go to low!!!!!!!!!!!!what the f**k!!!!!!!!! apparantly hes been talking with a rally guy who said the camper will all go to f**k and ill get exessive wear and i need new struts!!!!!! f**k him and f**k his garage, last time i let my dad arange summat for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! f**king annoyed!!!!!!!!!!!

Black Mk2 172

How much you trying to lower it buy? seems like hes trying to have you off getting you to buy new struts and that. Why not have a go yourself, did on my old car with the help of a haynes manual , took me 8 bloody hours like lol

Abarth 500

40mm apex springs......................can u use a normal clio manual for the 172 coz there is no haynes for it.......................wish i lived closer so i could go see fred

Black Mk2 172

40mm and hes saying too low? b****cks. Not sure whether its the same for a 172l clio. Im kinda new too them gone from a pug 106 to my 172.

Abarth 500

defo bolloks mate, guys a f**king loon! off to a different garage later, just found out a guy who works there has a 172 lowerd to f**k lol am still pissed off at the other guy, might drive past and spit on him lol

ex Clio 172 owner :(

seems to me like he was just being cautious. some people are never happy.

maybe you have a point to some degree (ive read your other post)

[Edited by Chris1.4RT on 12 September 2005 at 4:59pm]

Octavia VRS

sounds like he was only trying to help you out imo. Maybe he thought he was doing you a favour?

The garage I went to who fitted my eibach springs were really good and double checked everything was ok with me before they did it

CLIO

got mine lowered on 40mm apex springs and have no probs even with 17s on mate,maybe he just doesnt like lowered cars buddy

cheers james

Sounds like a simple c*nt probably best he didnt do it would have only f**ked it up. As for your comment on the " twiddly wheel by the steering wheel " to adjust the lights there isnt one on a 172 xenons auto level so the beams will need to be set under the bonnet instead as the little actuator on the axle beam will think you have a load of sh*te in the boot and point the lights down to compensate.

Abarth 500

:cry: i know he was just trying help probs but fuks sake, its my problem, im paying him, so just do it, wish i could come see you fred would of gott this done weeks ago

Wales isnt that far from fred wherever you are in wales and hes the suspension GOD did mine for me and its perfect allways go with someone with a good reputation.

Abarth 500

am in the middle of movin house now aswell so not much time on my hands but might take the missus shopping in bham in a few weeks so might aswelll take it 2 fred...........how long will it take?