ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f**king rt’s!!!

Ive got a clio 1.4 rt, had it lowered, cost me £80 about 6 months ago, since then been through 3 centre boxes from my exhaust, had the exhaust raised still no good!!! Cant carry passengers, cant go up my own drive, got no spare wheel. Really f**ked off. Getting rid of it so getting it raised back up. £150 to raise it!!!! getting a 16 valve in january, cant f**king wait! wouldnt recommend loweirng an rt with 15 wheels to anyone.

Has anyone gone from an rt to a 16 valve? Tell me how good it feels? need to keep up my dedication for saving! also, is there any difference at all in the build of a phase 1 and 2 16 valve?

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

Chill Winston. I had no problems with my old RT on 15s. Rubbed a bit with more than one person in the back but nothing major. Maybe the offset?

Anyway I bought a 16v a couple of months ago and I love it. Get one now. You wont regret it mate!!

Cheers :)

FRST and 106 GTi

ok... With ppl in the back it just rubs... but where? I dont know what you call it, but its on the side where you fill up the tank... the tube has got a plastic shield (canvas wheel??!) that can be pushed back or even taken off...

this way it wont rub.

i dont have rubbing with my wheel arches, used to until i got some new wheels. I mean my exhaust!!

any slight slope i attempt to go up i hit the floor! speed bumps are a definate no! does my head in!

The centre box on the exhaust is only a few inches off the floor and hangs much lower than any other part of the car!

HUH!!!

i got mine on -55mm and full system and 15"s with 195/50 and no rubbing!??

wonder why...only remeved 1/2 of the rear mud guards

I got my Clio lowered -35mm at the front, and about -37.5mm on the back with standard 13" wheels... and the exhaust scrapes in the Multistorey Car Park I park in for Uni - Thats with just me in the car.

Daz.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Mines lowered about 45mm at the back, with 195/45 15 tyres.

It rubbed slightly on the offside rear wheel arch. This is due to the fact that it has a slight bend to accommodate a pipe that runs under the car. On mine I just jacked up the car took the wheel of and cut that bit out. Now it doesnt rub at all.

Havent had any problems with the exhaust although mine is standard at the mo.

Rick

FOR SALE - Mk1 V6

sound like im lowest??

55 front, 70 back on 195/45

exaust hitting has never been a problem...

I used to have a five door RT whihc was lowered 35mm and 62mm had a bit of rubbing at the start but as a previous post said, i hacked off half the rear mud guard (Only on one side for some reason). I had 14s on mine with 175 60s. The centre box used to also hit speed bumps and my drive but they only costed me about £22 which for the fun of hacking around in a go-kart was worth it. That car handled like no other, even better than my 172 at the moment (I will change this fact soon). Im sure that the Valver is a good move though, i always wanted one but could not bring myself to sell my old car. Its memory lives on now and is immortalised in the gallery for ever.

i have avo platforms on mine with 195,45.15 god knows how low it is now but i had to cut about an inch and a half off the front wings to be able to turn and the back i cut out the inner metel arch and moved it higher up. no more wheel scraping. oh also i had a strate pipe made to replace the center section of exhaust to get rid of that nasty center box it had. and hay presto loe as a low things low bits.

yeah not much but it looks the dogs c##k its not as hard as you would expect i had spax on before that and it was rock hard proper little puddle jumper