ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F1's or Proxie's

Der Panzer
Putting some symmetrical patterned tread on the old Wehrmacht Staff Car and it's down to these two really. Quattro doesn't like asymmetrical tread and pulls you all over the road.

There's only £2 of difference per tyre. Various reviews I’ve read are mixed. The Toyos just edging it in most cases.

Has anyone run both sets? What’s the verdict?

i used to have toyo proxies, they were good tyres but changed to Eagle F1's when the toyo's wore out.

im now on my 3rd set of Eagle F1's. They are a superb tyre, vastly better than the toyo's in my opinion, and also last longer than my toyo's did :)

Inferno 182
I had the eagle GY eagle F1 GSD-3 on my impreza and was well impressed with the wet grip. I think there may be better tyres out there now but they`ll probably cost more.

I found this place good for reviews http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/index.jsp

I think this is the best selection to look at http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP

Its a good site if you can manage to navigate your way through it. They even take cars on to a test track and do a series of poper tests and give a decent review after.

111s
i used to have toyo proxies, they were good tyres but changed to Eagle F1's when the toyo's wore out.

im now on my 3rd set of Eagle F1's. They are a superb tyre, vastly better than the toyo's in my opinion, and also last longer than my toyo's did :)

Agreed.

I wore T1 R's out very quickly compared to GSD3's.

106 GTi
PE2's or F1's

Agreed, pay the extra for the F1s over the Toyos if your set on one of the two. I did lots of miles on the Toyos a few years ago and rated them till I tried the above, now never again - showed how bad they where esp. in the damp.

Yeap the Toys don't last 4-6k max on a set of fronts.

For me it would be the PE2's.

Turbos.
Have F1s on the Clio and Toyo T1S on the NSX. The F1s are pretty good in every condition, the Toyo is good too but too much sidewall flex.

Weeman sucks ****
PE2's have a lot of sidewall flex too but that pays as you get more tread stayng on the road.

I couldn't deal with the F1's, way too much side movement from the tread. Grippy though.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
f1's better grip in wet and they look nice try pro-alloys in birmingham quite cheap for them