ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f4r base map

clio 172 ph2, audi s2
Does anyone have a base map for a N/A or turbo f4r engine that i could take a look at?

using a f4r in my kit car project with a standalone and might try mapping it myself to keep me occupied while i have a broken collar bone!!!

if anyone has anything can you please e-mail it to me on steve 1 y 2 k 'AT' hotmail dot com (no spaces) :)
cheers,

Steve

clio 172 ph2, audi s2
danny, call me cheap, and as a tuner you probably hate it...but it's a megasquirt, i'm happy to copy all the values from an omex or dta map across though!
i'm waiting for a pectel to come off a mate, so this is really more of a 'piss about' project.

clio 172 ph2, audi s2
Haha, thought you would!
that'll be ideal! can i nick a copy please if i pm you my e-mail addy?
I've never been keen on MS either, but for £50 for a ms2extra it was worth a shout! just waiting for the sq6 to come up..that'll be a sweet ecu!

clio 172 ph2, audi s2
MS is a little bodgey to put it simply. It'd be fine if you we're tuning a lawnmower! but for a car it's a bit fragile and cheap.

ITB'd MK1
Have you seen the canems ECU that I sell. Got it on a number of mk1's now, including one with an F4R in it, and got good results for a much more sensible cost than some ECU's. Not a high end product, but ideal for engine conversions and kit cars. much better than emerald for example, which is NASTY to map

ITB'd MK1
the biggest thing that immediately becomes apparent when you use any decent standalone, is map tracing, and live updating. You can always see exactly what part of the map you are at, immediately. With the standard ECU, you're relying on data logging, and "best guess" trial and error techniques, and you have to make a load of changes, upload the map again, then see what effect the changes have made. Slow process

clio 172 ph2, audi s2
That looks quite neat Danny!
If I wasn't getting the pectel I'd consider getting one of these!
might get an air temp sense off you tho! :p

Lionel Richie
have a look at the stuff form TDF, in short its a pectel in a different box, TDF's owner matt basically is the gaffer when it comes to pectel (worked for Pi/cosworth/pectel for a long time), he now has his own ecu's which are bloody brilliant and easily 1/2 the price of pectel