ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R Stock Camshaft compatible with K4M Engine?

Clio II 1.6 16v 2 Doors
Guys,

A Guy here in Brazil told me that I can use a Stock Camshaft from F4R engines on my K4M.

Is that true?

By him, it´s fit perfect and will give me some more power on the car after the installation.

Hope you guys can confirm that, once we don´t have access to renault data to see if it fit or not.

Best Regards!

ValverInBits
find out the stroke of both. See if the F4R will give you more stroke. If it does then this certinally sounds like a good thing to try. No idea if it'll fit or not.

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
find out the stroke of both. See if the F4R will give you more stroke. If it does then this certinally sounds like a good thing to try. No idea if it'll fit or not.

IMO it won´t work:

K-engine family 85mm cylinder spacing
F-engine family 89mm cylinder spacing

f**ked ph1 172
admittedly i did earlier that morning, but only when i typed that post i realised it said cam not crank lol

ClioI Ph.3 1.6 16V
admittedly i did earlier that morning, but only when i typed that post i realised it said cam not crank lol

Where is the differnece? It´s the same effect of the different distances on both.....camshaft and crankshaft.....

K4M vs F4R:

image_002.jpg

image_006.jpg

kanalvergleich.jpg

I don´t know what will happen, if the cam is not centered on the roller......

Clio II 1.6 16v 2 Doors
No one have the technical details of each camshaft for comparison? This info I can't have with renault here in Brazil.

it´s very complicated here to get those informations.

Thanks by the way mates for all your helps.

Regards!