ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

F4R'd valver with another starting problem

F4R Mk1 Hybrid
I've got another problem with mine

I decided to totally take apart the wiring loom to take away all unnecessary wiring (as even the air con wiring was still left on!) The insulation on the alternator to starter to +ve was also damaged and that must have been what caused my 120 amp fuse to blow recently.

Anyway, since taking my time and doing a thorough job on the wiring, the car won’t start!

The fuel pump does not prime. I get 12V to 2 of the smaller wires when the ignition is on but no power to the 2 main power wires that turn to 12V for a few secs when priming.
The fuel pump does work for sure as I've tested it by connecting it directly to the battery though.

I played about with swapping the relays about with no success before resorting to this to temporarily bypass them.

utf-8BSU1BRzA4NTMuanBn.jpg

This only served to make the rad fan come on, but didn't make the fuel pump come alive or get any life out of the car when cranking.

The coil does not get any power on ignition, and I didn't have anyone to help so couldn't check when cranking.

The engine does turn over fine though and the battery has a good charge.

What are the other possible factors that would stop the car from starting?

I have double and triple checked to see if there were any wires that I’d forgotten to connect back up, but can't see any.

Could it be ECU related? I had an emulator fault at the start of the year but the fuel pump would still prime then.

Any help/ideas are much appreciated.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
The fuel pump wires on mine were crap. really really loose so in the end I cut out the connector and just soldered them together.

This took 2 mechanics a long tome to diagnose! lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I agree, check the ECM has +12v where required when the key is turned first as it can't recognise rotation or prime the fuel pump if its not actually working.

Mick