ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

f7p-f7r conversion runing problems

valver with mods! ;)
got my clio going agen on thursday nite, with the f7p head and f7r bottom end but i am having some teething problems. on light throttle it is going on to 3 cylinders, fine if your on anymore than half throttle or above 4000 rpm! i have changed just about every relevant thing for another out of my spares boxes, adjusted my ignition timming as much as i can even though these dizzys are supposed to be fixed and still exactly the same, i have plenty fuel pressue and all the other obvious things. anyone else whos dont one of these conversions had any problems?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Check the injectors and the connections to them. I've seen a few Mk1's which do similar things with dodgy wiring around the jet area.

Mick

valver with mods! ;)
Could well be mapping, what ECU is it running?

im runing the 1.8 ecu with a superchips chip, i am going to get it remmaped once motd, but not going to the tuners till i am sure this problem isnt somthing else! i am well aware that it os over fueling as it did the same with the f7p engine (cant leave it running in the garage for more than 2 mins before my eyes nip like f*** lol), sayin that when i remove the plugs from the current setup they indicate a nice clean burn...

valver with mods! ;)
What is the chip for mate? A 7P or 7R?

the chip is for the f7p, i know this is wrong but ive never seen this kind o running problem due to a map being wrong but hey theres i first for everything! just wonder if anyone had done the same setup and had similar problems

Lunar Mk1 & Flamer
the f7p chip will run the f7r and its driveable (not recommended but it works)

checked your tps?

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
What Mick said, had a very similar issue on mine, dodgy connection on 1 of the injector plugs was the cause

valver with mods! ;)
What Mick said, had a very similar issue on mine, dodgy connection on 1 of the injector plugs was the cause

was yours running fine up the revs yes? well checking out the wiring loom is my next option but its just that the f7p was running fine a few months ago!

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Sort of yeah, it was a bit random though but the plug on 1 of the injectors wasn't fully plugged in so the connection was a bit dodgy. If it ran fine on the P then the chances are something hasn't been connected back up properly or a wire has broke or something like that, it has been known for the original wires on the loom to crumble & break

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
lambda sensor IMO. The giveaway is that it's fine once you're out of lambda controlled area

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
adjusted my ignition timming as much as i can even though these dizzys are supposed to be fixed and still exactly the same

How have you attempted to do that?

You do realise that if you rotate the dizzy it will make NO difference to the ignition timing as the timing event is ECU controlled and based on the input signal from the crank sensor?

valver with mods! ;)
How have you attempted to do that?

You do realise that if you rotate the dizzy it will make NO difference to the ignition timing as the timing event is ECU controlled and based on the input signal from the crank sensor?

worked this out ^^^, dont know why i did it..... at the time i was wasnt thinking about anything other than gettin it running right! found the problem tonight tho... one of the pintle caps got damged when i removed the injectors to wash the head out a few weeks ago