ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Facelift Headlights on S Works

Tangoed Works
Picked up these babys yesterday for the bargain price of £100. BMW wanted around £400 each.
IMG_0226.jpg

Have already started taking them apart in preparation for the goodness to come. The outer rings are being colour coded in 668 Black 2 as per the car body colour.

Will be removing the glass to take the interior apart. The facisa will be black again as per the car colour but the surround around the xenon ball will be 8C6 orange as per the mirrors and wheels.

Hopefully should make the front end look a lot more purposeful and agressive.

What do you think, here is a frontal shot. Dont think it will be too ott, just the pcing afterwards then the works graphics on the side of the doors and the looks will be done.

IMG_1774.jpg

Also picked up some genuine JCW alcantara gear and handbrake boots. Adds a bit more class to the interior.

IMG_0148.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Hmm, I'm not sure on the orange. It's not my thing, but I do like the rest of the car. Where'd you pick up the lights? Scrappy?

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
Not a fan of the bright colours either BUT the Headlights should make it look a bit more hardcore

Tangoed Works
Hmm, I'm not sure on the orange. It's not my thing, but I do like the rest of the car. Where'd you pick up the lights? Scrappy?

yeah some eastern european lot in kent. not sure they knew what they really go for. some ebayers try to knock these out for upwards of £200 notes each.

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Lol... these lights are class, when you use the screen wash for the xenons, the little thing pops out, squirts then retracts!

brilliant imo

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Looks lovely mate, I'd just paint the headlight inserts black and leave it tbh.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love your car and the plans.

Not a fan of the wheels though. Colour is awesome, I just think the spokes are a little too sharp for the soft shape of the mini.

M2 Competition
Id do entire inside of headlights black, but be interesting to see what the orange is like! Also, if you dont like, easy to change to all black :)

Cracking looking mini that.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The ideas are good, but the details really let t down for me. The orange onblack is good, but the wheels don't suit the car. The orange in the lights potentially will look a bit Chavez if I'm honest.

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
is this kinda what your thinking of?
bini.jpg

i don and dont like it, its different but its a bit "hummmm".
I'd probably do it and like it for about 2 weeks then regret it. but the face lift lights certainly look alot better than the first ones.

clio...
Favourite mini. Think it looks awesome, even better without the works graphics.. Love the orange and black.

Tangoed Works
here is a couple of other cars that have had similar mods done. I think it just looks amazing imo. I agree it wont be to everyones taste, but its one of those mods that will really set it apart from the other minis out there. Also its not costing me anything as I will be able to get rid of the old units for £150 which covers the cost of the new ones and the spraying.

joey1.jpg

joey2.jpg

joey5.jpg

joey7.jpg

joey8.jpg

The blue spots around the main projector ball will also look awesome contrast against the orange.

Tangoed Works
Went to the sprayers today to pick up the headlight and wing vent. Unfortunately the wing vents and the headlight rings had been sprayed in orange by accident and I wanted them black to match the car. Should have them back Monday.

In the meantime I proceeded to reinstall the interior of the light unit and seal it back up again. Bit of a PITA but patience came to the rescue and I managed to close them up nicely.

Wanted to fit them tomorrow but will probably wait till next weekend now. Here is the 75% done shots.

Projector Ball in place
IMG_0231.jpg

Fasica
IMG_0232.jpg

Voila!

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

Pics arent so good as they are Iphone jobbies but once they are on the car, will get it cleaned and dust off the SLR.

172 Cup
One of the only new minis I have seen that I like, once those headlights are done it will set it off. Looking forwards to pics :)

Tangoed Works
seeing them done now i must say i like :D

how did you dismantle the headlight unit? clio lights are in need of a clean maybe a spray in black :D

it is a little fiddly, but more intimidating than it looks. Not sure how the clio headlights are pieced together, but iirc they should just have some clips and some goop that can be heated and prised apart. Surprised no one has done this to their clio already.

basically remove the unit from the car and have a look for any retaining clips.

once all the clips are removed safely then heat around the edge of the light unit. Should just be able to prise it apart. Then just take out the interior pieces carefully. With the bulbs removed it should be easier as some of the clips holding in the fasica may be held from behind the projector ball etc.

take the pieces out and take them to the spray shop or do yourself. I took them to my local spray shop as Im a bit cack handed when it comes to all that stuff.

Refit, reheat the glue and then assemble to the car. Just avoid scratching the inside of the light cover / finger prints etc.

Its a simple mod to do that many wont have and not chavvy. Should make the car look more aggressive dependant on colour choice.

I rememember on my 182 the headlights had a grey interior with a chrome surround around the xenon. This would have looked good cc'd black gold as the grey anthracite already matched the anth wheels.

it is a little fiddly, but more intimidating than it looks. Not sure how the clio headlights are pieced together, but iirc they should just have some clips and some goop that can be heated and prised apart. Surprised no one has done this to their clio already.

basically remove the unit from the car and have a look for any retaining clips.

once all the clips are removed safely then heat around the edge of the light unit. Should just be able to prise it apart. Then just take out the interior pieces carefully. With the bulbs removed it should be easier as some of the clips holding in the fasica may be held from behind the projector ball etc.

take the pieces out and take them to the spray shop or do yourself. I took them to my local spray shop as Im a bit cack handed when it comes to all that stuff.

Refit, reheat the glue and then assemble to the car. Just avoid scratching the inside of the light cover / finger prints etc.

Its a simple mod to do that many wont have and not chavvy. Should make the car look more aggressive dependant on colour choice.

I rememember on my 182 the headlights had a grey interior with a chrome surround around the xenon. This would have looked good cc'd black gold as the grey anthracite already matched the anth wheels.

cheers dude :) ive got a 1.2 :p grey inserts but would like them black :) oh and theres loads of salt on the inside because i got sick of them steaming up!!

Tangoed Works
Could always get a set from the scrappy and try it. It just a case of heatin up the glue enough.