ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Factory Alarm Problem

Hi all,

I have a friend with a 1998 Clio 1.6 either a RT or RN (Im not sure), with an alarm fault.

The alarm is the standard factory fit type with remote, it keeps going off for no reason, it seems to be worse in warm weather when the car has been left outside for a couple of hours.

Is this a comon problem ? if so is there a fix ?, main dealer has said theres nothing wrong with it.

Cheers

Allan

Hi

does the car have ultrasonic sensors inside and when tyhe alarm goes off does he/she have the sun roof or windows open aswell

the reason I ask is that when its hot i leave the windows and sun roof open some times and a slight breeze or something can set it off

John

Hi John,

Yes it does have ultrasonics, all the windows and roof are closed when it happens.

I wondered if the sensors were adjustable.

OK Ben Ive now checked.

Apparently the roof has never leaked into the car, but after its been raining she can hear water sloshing around from the sun roof area, presumably this drains away after a while, is this normal ?

Does this help ?

Cheers

yep... either the sunroof or more likely the ariel point is leaking... got though to the alarm consol which is up on the roof area and fried it... happened to mine, get it removed and get another alarm put in is the only way....

and take off the interior light bit so u can see the nut holding the ariel on and do the thing up tighter!! really tight!!