ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Factory fit Sat Nav system

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

I have ordered a new Clio 1.4 16v Privilege with the turn by turn satellite navigation system. I have searched but cannot find out anything about this system. Does anyone have this fitted as standard in their Clio? Let me know what you think of it if you have. Also what type of display it comes with etc.

Thanks in advance

Bob

Well matey, Ive got it in my 172, fantastic system, on mine its a colour display in the place on the normal radio display pod.

Its a dream to use, although I did have to buy a different cd for it so that I cant get over-the-air traffic reports (TMC) which then interactively adjust you route around the problem :D

Any questions, just ask

-john.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

well that was silly

its a monocrome system and its rubbish

use a map

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

I know its a monochrome display and I hope its not rubbish as I have just paid £1000 quid for it!

Anyone got a manual for it and some pretty pics?

PM me if you have and ill give you an email address to send it to.

Cheers

Bob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Roamer you have the all singing all dancing TMC colour system

Sozz bob

will dig it out for ya and senyou a pm

Ah, soz - got hold of the wrong end of the stick then, Tom, if they are still all VDO Dayton units (and I know that renault did tie themselves to VDO quite tightly at one point) then you will be able to find the unit here http://www.vdodayton.comhttp://www.vdodayton.com

They have a few monochrome systems, some are nav/radio units, some are separate screen jobbies.

Oh, and of course that is a typo in my earlier post, it should say "so that I can get over-the-air traffic reports (TMC)" - why would I want to get rid of TMC? LoL :p:confused:

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Have been playing with a New Megane today that had the combined Carminat Satellite/single CD player. Although it was a monochrome system that shares the radio display, it works very well. Small display with arrows and roundabouts, with spoken directions. Just what the wife needs! If this is what I expect to get in my new Clio, then I will not be disappointed. There is no map but at least I, and her indoors will be able to keep our eyes on the road and never get lost again! Unless she tells me to get lost! Does happen!

Looking forward to 1st March! when we take delivery!

Bob