ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Factory Fitted Recaros 172/182

Going to check out a car with them later on and was just wondering if there are any known problems with these, as I've heard there have been a few problems with 197's ones.

Ive got factory fitted Recaros on my 182, Ive had the car for 6 months now, and haven't had any problems, and the previous owner didnt either :)

Golf GTD Mk7
the ones in the 197 weren't made very well. bolster were always wearing away. My trendlines are great. Be careful with the 'leather' as it scratches easily, but appart from that they are miles better than standard sport seats.

the ones in the 197 weren't made very well. bolster were always wearing away. My trendlines are great. Be careful with the 'leather' as it scratches easily, but appart from that they are miles better than standard sport seats.

That's what I like to hear, problems with the 197 but not with these ones :)

Black Gold Trophy
They may seem like they have problems tilting/reclining, but that's normal theres a bit of a knack to doing it. Check for fading on the alcantara, and use it as a point to haggle.

Seats themselfs were alright, bit worn on the side bolster but I guess that's just how the pervious owner got in and out.

ANy idea's on the multichanger?

Black Gold Trophy
Having fitted recaros myself, I cant see it making a difference to be honest, my mate has the changer in his 182 and it sits in place of where the tyre foam usually is, so I cant see it taking up any more room than that does, and the tyre foam sits fine under my gfs recaros.

Citroen DS3 White
My 182 has factory fitted Recaros.

It also has a factory fitted CD changer under the passenger seat... that I have never used! iPod FTW.

My mate said that the seats in his trophy have started to wear a bit where the seatbelt goes over them. I've not seen it though.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Think is...It all depends how you get in and out of a car...I make a conscious effort to avoid the bollsters and side's...I think mine are in good nick. But i have seen some ruin'd seats that are only a year old.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I'd rather get a cheaper 182, and then sort the seats myself. The Trendlines aren't that supportive, and the driving position isn't a massive improvment.

I'd rather get a cheaper 182, and then sort the seats myself. The Trendlines aren't that supportive, and the driving position isn't a massive improvment.

I've been saying this since day 1. Granted they look great but there are MUCH better seats out there at a cheaper price. I would go as far to say I find my standard seats support me better on track than the Trendlines in the Trophy.

But, I guess everyone's shaped differently so will have different experiences.