ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faded Exterior Trim?

2001 1.2 Clio Black.
I went abit mad with the polisher the other day and being a no brains, have managed to knacker my exterior trim, :eek: the trim comes up faded and whiteish in some places.

Ive tried a cheap bottle spray of back to black but id say a can of coke would have a better effect on the trim.

Any recommendations?

Cheers.

IMG00746-20120807-1306.jpgIMG00747-20120807-1306.jpg

Forever black gets my vote. I would remove the trim ideally to apply, this stuff is actually black and a bit messy, also the trim needs to be cleaned thoroughly to avoid streaks.

I did my wing mirror while it was off for something else.

wingmirrorcrop.jpg

Golf GT & A4 Avant
before starting to hide it, you need to clean the trim properly to remove the polish residue, an all purpose cleaner, pencil eraser, peanut butter should clean them up.

once there properly clean, then look for a trim dressing, although I would only recommend autofinesse revive or GTechniq C4. look in the detailing sub section.

It lasts fore... quite well :) I would say still looking good up to 12 months, a quick top up cant hurt if you want it looking tip top, the bottle lasts a long time.

I got a bottle to do my 147 gta front grille about 6 years ago, used it for quite a few bits and bobs over the years, still loads left, always pleased with how it turns out.