ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAILED MOT ON BRAKES (CUP)

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Gents

Very quick one.

Car has failed an MOT on having not brake load sensing valve (Rod and srping missing)

Guy has said i have no effort on both rear side breaks.

Is this anything to do with it being a cup? (Many moons ago i swear i read somthing about this!!)

Standard feature tbh.

Print out above PDF and take in to MOT station and slap them.

I do wonder how many 172 cups have had these fitted by MOT stations, and how it affects the balance of the car under breaking.

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Cheers gents printed off and went up there, still took half hour of fighting as the f*cking idiots at renault said should be on there :(

Luckily the guy signed it off, £27 quid MOT FTW!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Cheers gents printed off and went up there, still took half hour of fighting as the f*cking idiots at renault said should be on there :(

Which dealers Steve?

Stripped yozza'd cup

It was a Renault Dealer!!! Jesus Christ.... that's appalling.

Thing I want to know is, is it a pass if there is NO effort at all on the rear?

Surely a low effort, past a certain limit is where the rule comes in to place, or will the Cup actually pass with a complete lack of rear braking?

180.6Bhp 172 cup (cc)
Which dealers Steve?

No i took it to nationwide auto centre at the bottom of the M32 on the way to work :D

I dont know which renault centre they phoned

I was seconds away from ringing you when he said renault said it should be there Paul but he took my word for it in the end, I will be giving you a shout soon anyway im a few k away from service time!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Can a Mod sticky this please?

I have just had my Cup MOT'd and if it wasn't for me showing the MOT Tester the VOSA guide then my car would have failed as he wasn't aware of this technicality.

Cheers

Matt.