ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Failed MOT - Snapped Coilover

Clio 182
So had the car in for MOT this morning and it failed. The front drivers side spring had sheered off. Reckoned it had happened a few weeks ago and that i was lucky it hadnt destroyed my tyre...

Anyway, should I buy a buy a whole new set of springs, was looking at these, or should I just get a single OEM one?

Clio 182
Sorry, my bad. No idea why I wrote coil over :eek:

I will pick up the Eibach Pro's and hopefully get them fitted on Tuesday. Car's off the road until then. Any one know roughly how many hours it should take to change the springs?

Clio 182
I asked my mechanic at the time and he roughly quoted me 2 hours to change the one spring. Obviously thats a complete joke based on what you guys have just said. Out of interest whats the book time for it, 1 hour as well?

Lionel Richie
from memory my currect record is 22min for all 4 LOL

book time -

front strut 0.5
rear spring 0.4

Last edited:
  VaVa
I did all four in about 2 hours. And that was my first ever go. Had the rear passenger side bolt come out easier it would have been far less!

Megane 225 F1
Well me and luke managed to do mine the other day in around hour 45 mins. But that was using the worlds hardest spring compressors in the world.

Clio 182
Well I had my pants pulled down. £140 labour + £140 for the Eibachs. Had no choice really, needed the car back on the road asap. Kept the old springs and hope to sell them on and recoup some of the damage; any idea how much they are worth? They are oem renault ones (both rears and single front)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I sold my rear Cup ones for £50. They were pretty much new paid for by the previous owner. Win!