ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fake 182 :S

Clio Extreme
Howdy...

I know dressing your car up as something it isn't is only 1 step away from sticking a gti badge to your 1.6 golf but...I don't care.

I really like the look of the front of the 182 / 172 phase 2s but can't insure one for less than £5k so want to make my extreme look more like it.

I think the main thing is the colour coding - So I might just get that done (if anyboddy has a pic it'd be cool to see exactly how much diff it makes)

If i did want a 182 / 172 front - whats involved? just bumper or are the rches slightly larger? (i.e. new wings too)

Any info would be handy...feel free to rip in to me for having a scally idea too :S

Best go for a 172 replica as a non standard 182 style exhaust for a 1.2 is hard to find. Or just put the cash in a bank and wait, or do something to lower your premium like doing the advanced driving test or pass plus etc.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
2004_0529clio0116.gif
colourcoded, i know its not the same as they never made hologram grey sports.

2004_0529clio0125.gif

172 rear bumper

but im not actually trying to make mine look like a replica

M2 Competition
Front bumper is about 100quid off ebay, wings are 50 a piece new from renault, front grille is 42 from renault.

I wouldnt bother with rear bumper, wont make much difference to overall appearance of the car mate.

And then pick some side skirts, which are usually expensive, k-tec ones are good though.

www.renparts.co.uk
You will need the following for 172 rep (add exhaust for 182)
Wings, front bumper, undertray, 6 arch liners (fronts are in 2 parts), Grill, Rear Bumper, Side skirts, Colour coded side mouldings.
This is my 172 replica... and if your pushing the boat out xenons as well, might do them when they come along at the right price.

asda1.jpg

asda3.jpg

asda5.jpg

asda8.jpg

Clio Extreme
The colour coding looks mint
So does he black replica 12, TBH im not doing a 'replica' as Im not bothered what people think i drive, its the mean look at the front i want. My premiums wont come down enough - im 19 :(

M2 Competition
In that case colour code all round and get a sport front grille matey, and silvervisions to start with.

You'll be surprised how much meaner/wider it looks once lowered on 16's too.

Turbos.
To be honest if you get the rear bumper, colour code and get coilovers on it will look like a Sport model until you get close. You can also get the Sport style sideskirts, there is a dude with a green 1.4(?) which has them and some Cup wheels and it basically looks like a 172 to me!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
harrop said:
The colour coding looks mint
So does he black replica 12, TBH im not doing a 'replica' as Im not bothered what people think i drive, its the mean look at the front i want. My premiums wont come down enough - im 19 :(
im also 19 and bloody hell insurance 5k :O

got quotes for 2.2k

i had the money for it when i 1st got my car but wanted to mod so had to get a 1.2

Chocolate Bar™
All well in good making your car look like a sport, but make sure you TELL THE INSURANCE. If you dont you'll get in a lot of shite, not worth it. They'll charge you for a bodykit premium, which put my insurance up 2 groups. Just bare this in mind... I've done it slightly differently, i've smoothed the fron, 172 rear and V6 spoiler so gets the same look as a sport but not quite.

pic compared to real 182

IMG_2468.gif

from rear

P1010012.gif

Mk2 Golf GTI 16v
to be honest it's likely to cost as much in insurance for a "bodykitted" clio as it is the real 172/182.

did you try adding your parents as additional drivers to your insurance quotes? that normally brings the price down a bit.
you could always try looking at other cars with cheaper insurance, civic vti, golf gti etc.

Black 172 MK2
either your looking in the wrong places or you have a few bad 'bits' on your licence. i got my sport at 20 it was modified brakes and lowered and i was paying 1400 FC

or the point tho......colour coding i imegen would be cheaper but the 172 bumpers do look better imo oh just make sure you get the 172 grill it looks soooo much nicer

M2 Competition
Ive got no bad bits on my license, and my insurance is far more than that, and have had quotes from everywhere!

Clio Extreme
ok...got it figured.

Front: sport grille & colour code
Rear: 172 bumper
Side: 72 skirts
All round: drop by 60mm 16" OZ 8 spokes as suggested yesterday

Should look sweet when done :)

Another question: my clio has seats that I haven't seen in others, they look like sports seats but not leather. They're grippy tound the sides but I can help but feel they should go lower - is there a way to do this?

Clio Extreme
oh and some neons (blue) lexus lights and a turbo badge - all that should add at least 20bhp ;)

Astra SRi T
joshydee said:
You will need the following for 172 rep (add exhaust for 182)
Wings, front bumper, undertray, 6 arch liners (fronts are in 2 parts), Grill, Rear Bumper, Side skirts, Colour coded side mouldings.
This is my 172 replica... and if your pushing the boat out xenons as well, might do them when they come along at the right price.

asda1.jpg

asda3.jpg

asda5.jpg

asda8.jpg

I LOVE this one!!! :cool::cool:

Chocolate Bar™
harrop said:
ok...got it figured.

Another question: my clio has seats that I haven't seen in others, they look like sports seats but not leather. They're grippy tound the sides but I can help but feel they should go lower - is there a way to do this?

sounds like a plan, to be honest i often think this looks better than putting the full 172 kit on because then, it just looks like another 172. If you had bucket seats you could put lowered subframes on, but not on standard seats

Renault Clio 1.4
harrop said:
ok...got it figured.

How much roughly would that cost?

-KarL-

ClioSport Club Member
i bought my front bumper for £130 brand new, rear bumper £80, side skirts £120 (lookalike 1's) front grill £45 costs a bit but worth it :)

www.renparts.co.uk
faz2726 said:
The george sign above a fake 172 says it all! lol

im 18...... i resent paying the insurance premium on an RS and like the way it looks. Better then a fiberglass body kit and lexus lights, no need to insult others cars really. Sure its a better car than what you had at 18.
Go Watch ur CTR racing videos u c*ck.

M2 Competition
faz2726 said:
The george sign above a fake 172 says it all! lol

What did you have before your 182 then? Everyones gotta start somewhere, the guys created a nice car, this is a clio club, its a clio, so if thats your attitude, dont bother posting.

Idiot :mad:

M2 Competition
Anyways, not sure on this one, middo might know...

will the 172 sideskirts fit onto dynamique front wings?

Wont they taper out at the front to accomodate the wider sport wings?

www.renparts.co.uk
they won't fit. best bet is those ones subway does, which are of a similar shape but are flat at the end. You would need a bodyshop to make the 172 ones fit and its not worth it really. Subway sells them pretty cheap iirc and they are a direct fitment.