ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fallen in love with my cup!

hello everyone, i just have to shout it from the rooftops ive found my perfect car, i absolutly love my new cup which ive had since saturday, its everythink i could want from a car, practical, fast looks fantastic in that lovely blue, loads of people have been commenting on it, very comfortable, fabulous handling, its just brilliant, just to top it off my dealer in sutton coldfield, west mids is excellent, my car didnt come with it tyre weld stuff, so it was personally delivered to my door by the sales man, the only thing that i would change if i could would be the seats but im not fussed, this car needs no modding its perfect out of the box! i do seem to be getting alot of novas flashing me tho?!!??!!??

Mondeo STTDCI

Was it brand new. Im hoping to source a newish one from Reno in the near future...

Volvo S60 T5

Wont be long before you fit a new exhaust, induction kit and whatever else you can...trust me you will

Great cars aint they:D

yeh it was brand spanking new!!!!

No i honestly dont think i will bother with exhaust, filter, its perfect as it is. 172s/cups are excellent id love to have a go in a williams, just out of intrest how does the 172 engine do with abit of tuning? is it easy to get alot more power? did anyone on here attend the curborough sprint course last year as i saw a cup go round it was rapid as well.

Quote: Originally posted by BeeDub on 09 February 2004

yeh it was brand spanking new!!!!

No i honestly dont think i will bother with exhaust, filter, its perfect as it is. 172s/cups are excellent id love to have a go in a williams, just out of intrest how does the 172 engine do with abit of tuning? is it easy to get alot more power? did anyone on here attend the curborough sprint course last year as i saw a cup go round it was rapid as well.
The 172 is already in a high state of tune and for massive gains you are gonna have to go for t/bs. To be honest keep it std, there quick enough and whacking a baked bean can on the back just screams boy racer!

Do chnage the seats though as this aint a proper mod! I will be changing mine soon to something more huggy!

what are the renault sport seats like? yeh mine will be kept standard they look brill as they are. i wonder what the exhaust off the new 182 sounds likw ith its twin exit? Bet it frees afew horses as well!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by BeeDub on 09 February 2004

i absolutly love my new cup which ive had since saturday...
Aaaah... I remember those days... :D

Wont be long now until it breaks though! ;)

172, Tiguan

:eek: Rich they dont break!!!!!! Dont spoil the lads illusion!

Mines booked in for the end of the month :D

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 10 February 2004

:eek: Rich they dont break!!!!!! Dont spoil the lads illusion!

Mines booked in for the end of the month :D
No... theyre very reliable... :sick:

run it in properly. first 700 miles to 3500 rpm through the gears mway and b-roads avoid loading the engine (low revs high gears), then 4-4500 rpm to 1000miles then you can gradually open up. Give it 5-10km to warm up before loading etc. It will make a big difference!

wont be long before u are cursing the day you brought it and its in Renault being repaired. everyone starts off saying they love these cars, then they want too sell it the week later.

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 10 February 2004

run it in properly. first 700 miles to 3500 rpm through the gears mway and b-roads avoid loading the engine (low revs high gears), then 4-4500 rpm to 1000miles then you can gradually open up. Give it 5-10km to warm up before loading etc. It will make a big difference!
Aye, thats exactly what I did and mines a quick example now... :D

Nippy white cup

Mines been back in for niggly bits, but I still grin from ear to ear every time I go out for a blast!

Chris

Quote: Originally posted by Rich-D on 10 February 2004

Quote: Originally posted by philip on 10 February 2004

Aye, thats exactly what I did and mines a quick example now... :D

I think 95% of Cups could run a 14.5 with a Viper and stripped. And the right driver.