ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

BMW 328 Ci
You need to go find Riley in the underworld, you will need to have medical rating of 60 I think to speak to her? (I use one of the clothes to boost that)

Octavia vRS tfsi
I was out of the vault and wondering around the town with the bomb after talking to a few people. I'll play it again tonight for a while. Just a bit 'meh' about it really!

Mito Sportiva 135
Wow...just printed off a map on the net with all the locations...an absolutely RIDICULOUS amount of places to visit!

Been playing for about 30 odd hours now and still not got a companion yet, that's my next priority, the nlearning to use power armour!

Golf R32
Just finished it this afternoon, good timing considering it was pay day yesterday :)

Not the greatest ending to be honest considering time spent doing the main mission and all the side quests, but the game itself still made it all worth it. Already started again trying by to make the character as evil as possible, which obviously means its a female character this time round lol

Just thinking wha to get next as Street Fighter 4 ain't out til the 20th

Mito Sportiva 135
Nope never heard of it mate, sounds good though.

I finally went to get Dogmeat, quite liked having a buddy, but sent him off to get some chems and he hasn't come back!

Was on a wander and found the Launch Control Bunker...made it a long way down but seem to need a key for the final room. Anyone done this yet, not part of a main mission or is it?

Octy VRS
It's part of the shoot them in the head mission and the room beyond that room is where the T-51b Power armour is. You must already have some of the special keys. You need either Dave's or Tenpenny's key to enter that room.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ah cool nice one. That is the annoying part about the game, you might just want to wander around but often your progress is hindred by not having a certain key or high enough lockpicking skills. Damnit!

Right, first things first...power armour training, get an ally, then go to war!!

I'm not reading 107 pages so FRO.

Is this game difficult to get into? Pick up and kill, or RPG style gayness? A bit of both it seems. Just been reading some reviews and most suggest that the Piss3 version sucks, which leaves me two options - x360 or PC? What's the frame rate like on the xbox version? Honestly...not "it's fine"...are we talking 30, 40?

Mito Sportiva 135
I'm not reading 107 pages so FRO.

Is this game difficult to get into? Pick up and kill, or RPG style gayness? A bit of both it seems. Just been reading some reviews and most suggest that the Piss3 version sucks, which leaves me two options - x360 or PC? What's the frame rate like on the xbox version? Honestly...not "it's fine"...are we talking 30, 40?

Framerate varies but generally very steady...when you see some of the landscapes you won't be surprised, the popup is minimal too (although I would still like to be able to see 100% of the terrain right into the horizon)

Takes a couple of hours to get into, but once you are immersed you won't look back.

I would describe it as an action adventure game with RPG elements, don't think it is some geeky adventure, it is a world and story you will want to explore. It is genuinely MASSIVE though and feels like a real world at points. Think it has even surpassed Mass Effect as my favourite game of this genre (although very different in many ways too).

It's funny, I got Far Cry 2 which is pretty much the same game but in a different setting and played it for about 2 hours...this is well over 40 now!

Cheers homes, sounds like I'd be better off getting this on PC. 30fps doesn't really cut it with me TBH. Although it does sound like a sofa game so gawd knows...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
why does the ps3 version suck :S same as the Xbox and PC versions isnt it (before the extra stuff)

why does the ps3 version suck :S same as the Xbox and PC versions isnt it (before the extra stuff)

I'm only relaying what I'd read. Apparently the graphics are not as good, and it suffers from more bugs and glitches. I have the choice of 3 formats to buy it on FSS :dapprove:

PS. I can't see either console version matching the (powerful) PC in terms of framerate and FSAA/AF etc. but I need to read up on the PC version now, as it could easily have lots of issues itself...

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
mate you lost me in all that frame rate b****cks lol i dont get any of that, im a simple gamer it looks good ill buy it, i couldnt give a monkeys which consoles better n all that palava i just thought i was major missin out with the ps3 version lol

mate you lost me in all that frame rate b****cks lol i dont get any of that, im a simple gamer it looks good ill buy it, i couldnt give a monkeys which consoles better n all that palava i just thought i was major missin out with the ps3 version lol

Well you cared enough to ask, so I told you. Personally I'm extremely fussy about "that frame rate b****cks" which was why I asked :D

I don't care which console's 'better' either, but I naturally compare the performance of games on each machine, because it's the games I play.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
tbh, if you have an xbox now i'd buy it on that for the D/L content etc. i haven't so far found it a major FPS but i am sure it will get busier. VATS sorts that out ;)

i haven't had any issues with my ps3 version though. no glitches or anything. plus it looks sexy to me. but then that is the only version i have played.

you need to spend several hours at a time in my experience and be prepared for wandering about a lot. more of an explorer/adventure game with some hardcore violence. i was just wandering about and found some civilian fighting a scorpion. i tried ot help the dude but he died before i could kill the scorpian. so i cut all his limbs and head off just for fun.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
if you spend that much on PC's get it on the PC then seems bit of a waste to spend so much on them n not buy games for them (if thats what you spend so much on them for)

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
tbh, if you have an xbox now i'd buy it on that for the D/L content etc. i haven't so far found it a major FPS but i am sure it will get busier. VATS sorts that out ;)

i haven't had any issues with my ps3 version though. no glitches or anything. plus it looks sexy to me. but then that is the only version i have played.

you need to spend several hours at a time in my experience and be prepared for wandering about a lot. more of an explorer/adventure game with some hardcore violence. i was just wandering about and found some civilian fighting a scorpion. i tried ot help the dude but he died before i could kill the scorpian. so i cut all his limbs and head off just for fun.

ha ha ha that just made me smile...... alot

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
it is good just annoying at times when all you want to do is kill things but you have to talk to someone

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
yeah i haven't played it for ages. i haven't played any games for ages tbh. been too busy at work plus not had the time. plus it ian't fair i hog the tv at my house... :(

Monaro VXR
Latest patch has sorted a lot of the issues out anyway. PC version has not crashed at all since the 1.1 patch. And before was very unstable. Have a decent high end PC as well.

Does look great at 1920x1200 with all the details maxed out though.

I would get it on PC. You can use your xbox live account with the PC version of fallout so you can then get the 360 achievements on the PC. They also go towards your normal live account achievements. What I have been doing. additional content is handled much the same way also.

Plus with it being an RPG with in the style of an FPS I reckon you would be more at home on the PC platform Roy.

Plus you can assign weapons and inventory equipment to a hot keys on the PC version. Makes taking stim packs or switching from a pistol to a minigun much easier than having to constantly bring up your inventory.