ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout 3

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
hey wozza you dont have to do that either on the xbox or PS3 bud, just assign hot keys from the inventroy supose tho you proberly cant have as many as the PC but i think you would suit the more FPS relm mr Munson seeing as you have a PC good enough

MKIII 138
well i nearly binned it, but scutch said keep at it, so i did.. im on level 15 now xp wise have more credits, armour laser weapons, plasma weapons etc.. finished the game at 33hrs but then i though.. s**t i havent even nearly done all the quests or been everywhere so i reloaded just before i turn on the water machine at jeffersons place and decided to kick ass until i get bored... probably never.

also downloaded the new mission

gfx are really very good, no slow down and great textures, lightin effects and environments, im playing upscaled to 1080p on 80" screen using my DLP pj and 5.1 sound, tis imersive.

MKIII 138
I bet it makes the game 10 times better on a set up like that.

Glad you stuck at it?

i am glad yea, dont get me wrong it can still be painfully hard with a few enemies shooting at you but even so with the new armour i gained from joining the goodies and stacks of plasma ammo im starting actually feel powerfull, also getting the animal skill is essencial so you dont get wolves attacking you

re my setup il have to get back to you on that one, i only have one shot and its of ice age 2 lol,

equipment is

BenqW5000 1080p DLP
Benq roof mount
Carada 80" high gain glass beaded screen
prolink HDMi x 2 (10meter)
ps3,
xbox360,
ps2

audio is

B&W CDM NT/CNT/SNT 5.1
Denon AVC1Se amp + thx ultra 2 select upgrade dac
studio cable biwire
optical for audio on both ps3 and xbox as my amp cannot take HDMI (can take twin 7.1 inputs for analogue though)

err.. ohh yea i nicked the ISF settings for the model and then spent a fair few hours tweaking

looks well, i can improve it though.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Nice work mate.

Yeah the Animal Perk really helps! :cool:
Shame there isnt one for those b*stard Deathclaws!

MKIII 138
Nice work mate.

Yeah the Animal Perk really helps! :cool:
Shame there isnt one for those b*stard Deathclaws!

out of interest can you get a remote control for those ? i mean on the ship where you are meant to meet the 'president' just after area 87 you can unlock a container it has a deathclaw with headset on like its undercontrol or something, made me wonder if there is a way to harness these beasties ?

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
out of interest can you get a remote control for those ? i mean on the ship where you are meant to meet the 'president' just after area 87 you can unlock a container it has a deathclaw with headset on like its undercontrol or something, made me wonder if there is a way to harness these beasties ?

I didn't think so, but a few others on the Fallout forums claim there's something in it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
deathclaws are EASY! lol shot gun or minigun ;) or bottle cap mine leaves legs behind if you have the bloody mess perk hee hee

Astra Bertone Coupe
Lol Deathclaws r easy to deal with, dart gun to paralyse both their legs and then jis shoot the sh*t out of them FTW :rasp:

Mito Sportiva 135
Yes...work well on Deathclaws too, you can take them down really easilly once their legs are crippled.

Anyone made a Railway Rifle yet, that's my next weapon to make, but not got enough room to carry all teh stuff for it.

Also found an amusing weapon called the "Fisto" earlier!

BMW M4; S1000 RR
Anyone made a Railway Rifle yet, that's my next weapon to make, but not got enough room to carry all teh stuff for it.

Sorry to break it to you, but it's pretty poor :(

Yes it does stick people to walls, which is awesome. But it does comparitively little damage and they have to be near a wall for it to impale them too.

It also looks rediculous. Not unlike ALL the other homemade weapons.

Mito Sportiva 135
Ah really, what about the sheesh kebab thing then you made that? Those Deathclaws aren't as bad as I thought, the worst enemies are some of the robots which seem to take ages to kill, what do you use to take them down?

Punto/Clio GTT
sheeshkebabs awesome mate! its like a sword on fire, lots of damage and when u strike u set them on fire too which degens them. my melee weapon of choice

Punto/Clio GTT
And i think the mirelurk hunters are way harder to kill than deathclaws. my new characters gonna rock energy weapons and explosives. might even give sneak a bash too altho i dont think i can be arsed pifflin about

Mito Sportiva 135
Cheers for the advice. Heard the DLC is a bit pants, not sure I will bother with it.

Got 2 bullets left for my sniper / reservist rifle...and this is my weapon of choice! Where's the best place to get ammo for these guns, seems a bit rare?!

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
Cheers for the advice. Heard the DLC is a bit pants, not sure I will bother with it.

Got 2 bullets left for my sniper / reservist rifle...and this is my weapon of choice! Where's the best place to get ammo for these guns, seems a bit rare?!

Rivet City and Citadel have that ammo, taking the scrounger perk is good as well. I tend to keep an ammo level of at least 1000 for each weapon I use.

BMW 328 Ci
Might wanna save your ammo though, I dont think you can get it from anywhere else. I save it for mirelucks and annoying giant scorpains

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I've not started the DLC yet. Still working on my regular save file!

The DLC doesnt affect your save file, mate. Its just like another quest is added. Once downloaded, you simply load up your save game and you'll get a radio signal. The choice is yours whether you want to go and do the quest, much like every other in the game.

I quite enjoyed it TBF. Yeah, unlimited health and ammo, but only in the simulation at selected points, and you can still die while in there. Looking forward to the next two, especially the 3rd with 10 more skill levels unlocked and no harsh ending to halt things. Win.

You also get some cool weapon and armour at the end of this quest, too. Gauss Rifle FTW!

It is very easy though, especially when maxed out.

Last edited:
  MKIII 138
the DLC is awesome but indeed spoils the game on balance, you get the invisible armour and can crawl fairly fast, a sneak attack with the sword 99% kills so you are technically invinsible !

great at first looks cool in 3rd person sat on a cliff invisible with a sniper beats killzone lol, but then you realise its like a cheat,

without the suit you can sniper from miles away and the bad folks always shoot me, see where im shooting from even if its from behind and stupid distance and they have a puny rifle !

so in many ways its like how it should be.. sniper from miles leaves them clueless even on a non kill hit, but then again it means you cannot be spotted. once you have the sneak/stealth built up your are made.

also, beaten the game but hadnt visted all places so loaded just before the finish and started to walk around, after a few hours the ammount of ammo you collect and caps increases (by level 18-19) so that that feeling of scavenging the wasteland is over and you never run out of ammo, you have all the laser/plasma/sword weapons and are invinsible/invisible... i.e the point of the game fails on the lack of further quests..

dont get me wrong its great, i will get fallout4 if it adds some more fable like elements but its now at 50hrs turned into a walk about and destroy the same things all the time as i no longer need new things to survive.

bit like being a millionare you have everything so you get bored and have to get into drugs n hoes.. but there aint no drugs or hoes ! (or at least you can become a proper wasteland junkie with a fucked up face and body, weird drugged/pissed up effects or the like)

i might start a wanted in fallout4 thread ?

buying up wasteland shacks and tents stocking it with kit and troops, i.e starting your own splinter group would be rather imense and fairly easy to implement

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Fallout 4. Imagine that? I cant. What the hell will they base it on this time? Will be epic, no doubt.

As for Fallout 3, I agree the further you go, the easier it gets, as opposed to it getting harder. The T-51b armour is mint, and you hardly ever die, especially with the ammo supply etc.

They are taking the 2nd and 3rd DLC far past the level of the first one, so should make it more interesting.

Punto/Clio GTT
blew u megaton, left raven rock after quest and now cant find jericho. he aint at megaton ruins or by raven rock. ideas? need him as karma is rock bottom and is stayin that way

Mito Sportiva 135
I agree with all the above, starts to get easier and easier, just become a case of using your worst weapon and ammo and saving the good stuff for posterity...still a lot of fun and interested in the story but now no point exploring most places as don't need stuff, at the beginning every stimpak counts, now I have like 80 of them.

A Fallout 4 thread could be good, I have a few ideas...one really annoying one is a better physics engine in the world as I walked over a see-saw and stayed abgsolutely static. Another one would be you don't lose karma if you steal when no one sees you. Also, you can do stuff like kill Alistair Tenpenny and no one even mentions it, but you can steal a plate and people run for their lives...stupido!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
I agree with all the above, starts to get easier and easier, just become a case of using your worst weapon and ammo and saving the good stuff for posterity...still a lot of fun and interested in the story but now no point exploring most places as don't need stuff, at the beginning every stimpak counts, now I have like 80 of them.

A Fallout 4 thread could be good, I have a few ideas...one really annoying one is a better physics engine in the world as I walked over a see-saw and stayed abgsolutely static. Another one would be you don't lose karma if you steal when no one sees you. Also, you can do stuff like kill Alistair Tenpenny and no one even mentions it, but you can steal a plate and people run for their lives...stupido!

I'm being really finicky, but stealing will lose karma if you're seen or not as it's a psychological thing and not physical, so I'm quite happy with that part of the game. The seesaw comment was funny, so true.

MKIII 138
haha daves world the see saw didnt move i was like whaaaa ?

played some last night i did the declaration of independance in about 20mins ! there were tons of super mutant brute leaders and s**t with missile launchers and mines etc... but then again i just cloaked and used the sword and killed them all, even when hitting them right in front and pushing them out of the way they couldnt see me !

so any DLC down the line may be new weapons or areas but if i can use the cloak the same and the sword well... it will take about 5mins, il wait to see what it adds first.

i havent made any weapons yet, i have lots of blueprints but couldnt be bothered why do i need a railway spike gun when i have a plasma cannon spike.

in the end its the advanced weapons and suits that spoil the hardness.

i think the game is half of what it could be, the underlying elements of upgrades and weapons in FO3 should be the basis of combat but the missions (of which most are fairly drab) should be replaced with building up an army or a small elite group of any character (be it a dog, a mutant, a random child with a laser weapon) and being able to have a base to stock up and modify.

might email the people at bethsoft and ask for this :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
The DLC doesnt affect your save file, mate. Its just like another quest is added. Once downloaded, you simply load up your save game and you'll get a radio signal. The choice is yours whether you want to go and do the quest, much like every other in the game.

I quite enjoyed it TBF. Yeah, unlimited health and ammo, but only in the simulation at selected points, and you can still die while in there. Looking forward to the next two, especially the 3rd with 10 more skill levels unlocked and no harsh ending to halt things. Win.

You also get some cool weapon and armour at the end of this quest, too. Gauss Rifle FTW!

It is very easy though, especially when maxed out.

Ahh yeah! I saw that pop up last night!

A distress signal from the ex-Brotherhoods?

I'll fire through it later! Gauss Rifle sounds like a worthy addition to my top-line weapons. :cool: