ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout New Vegas. Do I start again?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Reet, im debating starting New Vegas again as on my current game ive slightly fucked up as i wanted to be NCR and ive managed to piss them off a little by doing too many missions for Yes Man. Dont get me wrong ive killed Mr House and Yes Man but there still pissed, they dont try to kill me but last time i played it i got the "Bitting the hand that feeds you" quest which means that if i carry on ill properly piss the NCR off :(

What do you reckon fellow FALLOUTers?

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
Hmm..
I was lucky and saved at a point that allowed me to go back and play through with all of the factions.
I'm a nerd see, and wanted to see all of the different ending's haha.

If they don't shoot you on sight, you could try going round each of their camps and looking for quests to get yourself a better rep with them..
Try "Camp Forlorn Hope", there's a few quests that I know of there!

There are tonnes of side quests that I had no idea existed! So the above should be a feasible option :p

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
I stupidly deleted my savegame and am having to start over (I've completed it previously) but now want to do all the new DLC

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
100% yes.

It's a brilliant game with the NCR on your side. You still get the chance to go renegade, but you have their backing for it later on. lol

I think my main save's at 87 hours now. :eek: That's including all the DLC.

Listerine & Poledo
Once Lonesome Road comes out I'm doing a full restart.

Currently level 40 and as good as invincible, packing top-whakc armour and weapons.

THing is, because it was my first play through I went on Hardcore mode and ended up with all the companions dieing one way or another.

Next time I'll be going NCR, so long as they can place nice with the BoS. Oh, and that the BoS can play nice with the Remnants!

Nickson

ClioSport Club Member
100% yes.

It's a brilliant game with the NCR on your side. You still get the chance to go renegade, but you have their backing for it later on. lol

I think my main save's at 87 hours now. :eek: That's including all the DLC.

Same here, I'm on like 85 hours :eek:, worth it though.

Now spending some time collecting 50 Sunset Sarsaparilla Star Bottle Caps, oh how fun.

Once Lonesome Road comes out I'm doing a full restart.

Currently level 40 and as good as invincible, packing top-whakc armour and weapons.

THing is, because it was my first play through I went on Hardcore mode and ended up with all the companions dieing one way or another.

Next time I'll be going NCR, so long as they can place nice with the BoS. Oh, and that the BoS can play nice with the Remnants!

More DLC?

As if I haven't spent enough money on MS points already :(.

Tis good being high level though, im 43 at the moment, can take a barrage of bullets and oh, that's one bar of health down..

Bumder With A Buffer
I re did mine recently and went back through it. Contemplating deleting it again and getting on the DLC packs though. Think I spent 30 odd hours going back through. I still hate the final boss battle, its bugged as f**k! somtimes 3-4 follwers come through the gates to the camp with me, other times only the Moreno guy comes through :S

Clio Mk2 Phase 1
I really really wanted to start playing Fallout 3 again. I started playing it, got a bit into it (just outside the vault iirc) and for some reason stopped playing it! Will probably buy it on Xbox again or else Steam, not sure. I do enjoy games like this compared to playing MP Black Ops with a pack of kids screeching down the mic!

Clio Mk2 Phase 1

The video quality isn't so good but I did laugh at his commentary lol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I sold it :(

It took up an entire weekend so I thought it was for the best.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I bought New Vegas for about £18 a few months ago, never played FO before, and haven't had a chance to get into this one yet :(

It doesn't help that my 360 had RRoD and it took me 5 months to get round to fixing it...

Listerine & Poledo
I got into fallout becasue of FO3, and became hooked. THe GOTY edition was handed down to a mate who isn't into RPG's and he's lost a substantial amountof time in it.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Well kids i started it again, managed to have the parts to just fix ed-e up and ive got the animal only discribed as Boone lol i like being classed as the grim reaper by the powder gangers.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Boone + ED-E.

Best companion combo by a mile. ED-E detects sh*t early and Boone pwns everything once you give him an AM Rifle and some rounds.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Gannon's only good at close range though. ED-E detects way earlier than he's able to be effective at.

Listerine & Poledo
That's why I lay down supressing fire with the gattling laser and tell him to run away from any trouble.

admittedly, I quickly got shot of him to get my hands on the Gannon Armour, which is awesome.

Anyway, since I've just been doing DLC's for months, I havne't had a "proper" companion in ages.

Not a 320d
Im still messing about. I just gone through the broken hearts (I think this is called, there are loads of whitelegs and indians n s**t). That took me by suprise how long it was. Back into the main game now but im not sure what im doing. Im at the big aircraft hangers. But I got bored and killed all the guys walking about with a silenced sniper rifle. They havent figure out its me yet.

Listerine & Poledo
the boomers? They're handy if you're playing as a good guy.

As for Honest Hearts, it's not bad. Better thena Dead Money, but Old World Blues is the best bit of all the New-style Fallout games.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
the boomers? They're handy if you're playing as a good guy.

As for Honest Hearts, it's not bad. Better thena Dead Money, but Old World Blues is the best bit of all the New-style Fallout games.

Cool - as I bought that on Steam a few weeks back. Not even tried it yet though. ;)

D.

Listerine & Poledo
the characters in it are brilliant.

there are a lot of "special" enemies too, souped-up versions of what you might have seen before which are much harder. Well, would be if I wasn't now Level 44 anyway.

When the final DLC comes out I reckon I'll do a full restart, this time not in hardcore. ON current playthrough newarly all companions are dead, including Boone, Cass, ED-E & Veronica, booo

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Im just about to tackle the rocket factory, should be fun im in two minds to kill them all Cookie style

Listerine & Poledo
"Come fly with me?"

there's a good ending to that quest, it's worth going with some decorum

Octy VRS
Not sure I'd play through NV again. While it is a very good game it didn't grab me as much as F3. Sure if I hadn't played F3, it would be outstanding though. Still wasted 80 hours on it though without any dlc...

There were some good bits, Come fly with me being one. Weapon mods and stuff were a good addition but there "seemed" to be interesting stuff to discover in F3 even though there probably wasn't.