ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fallout : New Vegas

Octy VRS
R P G A M E R - N E W S B U L L E T I N
Meet Your New Best Buddies in Fallout: New Vegas

BECKY CUNNINGHAM
NEWS REPORTER

falloutnv.gif
Matt Grandstaff, Bethesda's senior community manager, has posted a detailed introduction to Fallout: New Vegas' companion characters on the European Playstation Blog. In order to avoid major spoilers, we'll post a short summary of each character. Readers who wish to see the full details can follow the link to the blog post above.
Arcade:

falloutnv16.jpg
Arcade is a doctor who has a strong sense of ethics, but understands that in the Wasteland, sometimes people just need to be shot in the head.
Boone:

falloutnv22.jpg
Boone is a town guard and former sharpshooter who is seeking his wife's killer. He vacillates between acting like a stone-cold killer and a decent human being.
Cass:

falloutnv20.jpg
Cass is a water merchant who has run into some hard luck in the caravan business. She's tough, smart, and steady with a gun.
Lily:

falloutnv21.jpg
Lily is a super-mutant who was an elderly grandmother before her transformation. She's come a bit unhinged.
Raul:

falloutnv18.jpg
Raul is a ghoul with a tumultuous past who is now living as a simple mechanic.
Veronica:

falloutnv19.jpg
Veronica is a Brotherhood of Steel scribe who is on procurement duty, salvaging items that the Brotherhood can't produce for itself. She is loyal to the Brotherhood, but looks at them with a critical eye.
ED-E:

falloutnv17.jpg
ED-E is a weaponized eyebot that was on an important mission until its positioning hardware was damaged. Nobody knows that it carries loads of extremely valuable data.
Rex:

falloutnv15.jpg
Rex is a very old cyber-hound who was formerly a police dog. Sadly, his brain is starting to deteriorate.

http://www.rpgamer.com/news/Q3-2010/091610c.html
Lol at Lily.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Fully completed FO3 and all the expansion packs. Such a brilliant game, I hope this one is just as good.

I'm deliberately avoiding all videos etc of this

I played fallout 3 without having a clue what the game was about and it was so much better for it. I got really involved in it and spent weeks of my life checking under my bed for radroaches and stuff.

Skoda Fabia vRS
hopefully ive have played enough of Fifa when this turns up, i hate getting 2 games in the same month, AND Black Ops is out a few weeks later too, grr

Listerine & Poledo
sure is, get that pre-order in.

New Vegas, Black Ops and (maybe) GT5 within one month.... coo, this could get expensive on spare time

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Re: Fallout : New Vegas - Released 22/10/2010

If this is anything like Fallout 3, me, Darren and Scutch will lose a few months.

I still need to finish fallout 3, loved what I've played so far though.

Skoda Fabia vRS

i really wish black ops wasnt out so close to this, and Fifa too, im not gonna know what to do !

Listerine & Poledo

This will end up eating far more time out of players' lives.

I'm going to try and avoid that by going straight into hardcore mode, where dying is an inevitability. No more tackling the world and filling yourself with stimpacks every 2 seconds.

Thinking back to my first Fallout 3 experience.... get out of the vault, wander about for 5 minutes, get into a firefight with some raiders, think a BB gun will cut it. Fail.

Listerine & Poledo

Oh Jesus.

Had never played any of the Fallout games before so wasn't sure what I was letting myself in for, I learnt the hard way.

Winterised T51-b armour, Shady Hat & Metal Blaster FTW

Mito Sportiva 135

Whilst I have no doubt this will be brilliant, after spending sooooooooo long on FO3 I'm not sure I can put myself through all of that again. Plus the ending was a little anticlimactic after 140+ hours of gameplay.

It was at it's best when you first wander into the sunset...a whole world to explore. Fantastico!

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

This is going to be game of the year, for me. I can tell!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Awesome! I love how they have made all the weapons more customisable as well.

From the vid above it seems like you can make your own ammo/bullets etc :D

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Yeah, that was the best thing about FO3. The home-made weapons. I loved the Railway Rifle.

Why can't the 22nd hurry the f*ck up!

Listerine & Poledo

I reckon he's the same chap. ;)

Nope, all new character, "The Courier". It's a long way from DC to Vegas :)

Awesome! I love how they have made all the weapons more customisable as well.

From the vid above it seems like you can make your own ammo/bullets etc :D

You sure can, you can build home-made loads that can be made fancier than the usual loads. Fabricating your own loads and modifying your weapons is going to be a big thing to keep an eye on.

I'll be getting the player guide the same day the game arrives (day of release), anyone want any spoilers?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I was joking mate. lol

I've pre-ordered the guide too. Same as I did last time with FO3. Was essential!!

Listerine & Poledo

I was joking mate. lol

I've pre-ordered the guide too. Same as I did last time with FO3. Was essential!!

I only bought FO3 on a whim because the cover looked good, best impulse buy since the Clio.

I'll try not to look at it for the first play-through, but I don't know if I have the self restraint. Especially since I plan to go straight in on hardcore mode.

How will I survive combat without the option of sticking 8 stimpacks through me for instant health!?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

Is teh guide worth it boys? £10.49 from amazon

Listerine & Poledo

Is teh guide worth it boys? £10.49 from amazon

I'd say so, on the back of the FO3 guide being really useful.

Sure you can use various websites, like The Vault, but that's really pikey.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Get the guide mate, for sure.

Scutch bought it last time and told me how awesome it was, so I bought it. It turned out that it really helped me out on 100%'ing the game.

Listerine & Poledo

The only problem with FO3 was that once you'd hit level 20, you couldn't be stopped, the cap raise in BS didn't really help matters as the perks were a bit naff.

having 100% on all skills, a top-damage gun and Grim Reapers' Sprint just meant everything fell dead at your feet without a worry.

Octy VRS

I found the wiki a real help personally as it is updated with the various glitches. How not to do stuff that may influence other things in the game etc. I used to buy guides for GTA etc but ended up finding more info online. They are good for the set pieces of the game and areas though.

Bumder With A Buffer

I still dont think im past level 18 or something on Fallout3...I finished the main game then fcuked over to point lookout and was getting absolutely cained by those freak guys and the ghouls

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster

The only problem with FO3 was that once you'd hit level 20, you couldn't be stopped, the cap raise in BS didn't really help matters as the perks were a bit naff.

having 100% on all skills, a top-damage gun and Grim Reapers' Sprint just meant everything fell dead at your feet without a worry.

Not really. When I was playing point lookout some of the guys in there are solid. Like the big fat redneck guys with the sawn off. They were pretty difficult TBF!

Last edited:
  Octy VRS

I'm on level 23 now and did the bit in Broken Steel in Old Olney with the Deathclaws yesterday. I seemed to struggle a bit to be fair, used loads of stimpacks. I did concentrate on small guns perk though, maybe that was a mistake.