ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

False floor installation

im thinking of doing the same with my tunes, was planning to just free style it an see how it goes.

want to try and sink the amp into the floor if u catch my drift, oh yeah

Yeah me too, just a bit reluctent to screw things up, and dont want to waste my time doing it wrong.

Plus I dont have a clue what Im doing.

Well my brother made mine for me, and basically he built a box unit to hold the sub and amps which fitted quite snugly in the boot, and the sub box sank into the wheel well (spare wheel removed) It all depends on how you want you ICE set out as to how you make the box.

Then he got a bit of 4mm MDF after using polystyrene (paper will work) just to get a template of the boot. He then cut out the holes where the amps and sub will show through. Then covered that in foam, then the silk.

As it is on 4mm MDF it is flexible so we then just plonked the top bit into the boot. As the box underneath is a snug fit it didnt require any fixing down, but thats up to you if you want to do that.

Here is the finished result. If you want to travel to Norwich, im sure my brother wouldnt mind making you one for a bit of cash and the cost of materials. Wouldnt cost anywhere near as much as going to somewhere professional.

Mine isnt finished though (the amps need to be raised up to be level with the top)

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/cliosport/gallery/full/1094919555__CIMG0002.jpg

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

Cathro_16v its suspended on foam so the cd doesnt skip. Its secures to the old seat belt mounts now it 2 bolts (not shown in pic)

Ah yeah man that makes sense.

Im defo gona have to give this a shot sometime soon, might wait til its a bit warmer outside though.

Cheers Guys