ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fan stuck on, where do i find the fan resistor pack

renaultsport clio 172
Hi, ive got a 2003 172 with air con & climate. The interior fan is stuck on full blast. Ive done a bit of digging about on the forums & it seems to be something called a fan resistor pack to blame. Ive removed the drivers side scuttle panel & know its underthere somewhere but can someone point it out for me ? Is it the bit with the aluminium fins pointing down into the dash ? if so do you just cut the wires ?
Please help !!!!

330i. E30 Touring.
IIRC, it's held on to the black plastic thing by one 6mm bolt, and the wiring goes down underneath the blower unit. Use your left hand, and face the front of the car and the clip will come off easily..

renaultsport clio 172
Thanks but isnt it attached by attached by 2 6mm bolts ? but where do the wires lead to ? Do they unclip somewhere or should i just cut them ?

BMW M135i
They unclip on the PWM pack don't cut them!!!

17102007242.jpg

You can see it to the top right of this picture.

172 Flamer
Did replacing this fix the fans being stuck on ? This has just happened to me. What an utter pain in the arse had to do a 40 min journey with the fans on full blast ha :/

No thanks. I have 2
Did replacing this fix the fans being stuck on ? This has just happened to me. What an utter pain in the arse had to do a 40 min journey with the fans on full blast ha :/

Bumpidy bump bump

Did it fix it???

Same thing happened to me too. cant even hear the music over the fans...unless i piss of the neighbors.

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
Had the same problem (on a different thread). Fixed my problem of fixed fan speed/unable to turn off. Simple to replace unit, some people solder in a new transistor or there are people on ebay who will offer a repair service.

No thanks. I have 2
Had the same problem (on a different thread). Fixed my problem of fixed fan speed/unable to turn off. Simple to replace unit, some people solder in a new transistor or there are people on ebay who will offer a repair service.

Many thanks kedobu! Now I know to try and just replace/solder the transitor.

Renaults
I have one new resistor left in stock, if its completley fooked. We sell them at 40 plus the vat (there pattern but perfect) we are waiting for a shipment of 200

koi

Audi S1
Guessing mine is dud as well, blowers to windscreen stuck on full, yet everything else seems to work.

Anyone got a part number for this?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Guessing mine is dud as well, blowers to windscreen stuck on full, yet everything else seems to work.

Anyone got a part number for this?

I'd ask Renault Wolverhampton on here for a price - although I think the best bet is to get your current one refurbed (look on eBay).

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I had mine refurbed on eBay, quite a while ago now but the service was spot on and it fixed the problem.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Yes you can. I bridged the plug to leave the heaters on while it was being fixed (it was during winter). Don't bridge it if you don't want the heater on though.

0D98A8A9-5324-4183-AFC9-643AE231C4E6-34837-0000086F5430E3B8.jpg

84E2620E-4F9E-4449-ADEC-1D5DF67DB00D-34837-0000086F3F6D13B9.jpg

E8B3F749-20CA-4B5C-B4A2-68D6F3FEA501-34837-0000086F4EC8C3D6.jpg