ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO 1991 Clio 1.4 owners!

nfbr: If it has an auto choke you WONT have any manua control, it will either run off coolant temp OR off a heating element run off the alternator.

ANyway, pop the bonnet, take of thea ir filter aseembly and have a bloody look. Why is it so hard for people to spend a week on here asking about an engine that is rare as rare things and nobody knows anything abou the engine in particular.

If its carbed, you wont have an ECU, simple as that.

either have a look and find out or send me your eval palte details above your drivers side headlight, i will have a look then.

rite...

Ben i never said it had a frigging auto choke!!!!

I got rid of the airbox and found its a carb... which means ill have to put up with a sh*t sounding engine.

thats is WHY i said IF it has an autochoke you WONT have a lever, since you do have a lever, its NOT an auto choke!

not being funny but why not just look to see if there is an ecu or not?

It will be located under the jack in the drivers side engine compartment.

Big square box with a huge wiring cable going in to it.

cause some people prefer to stick on forums for weeks at a time rater than spend 1 min looking!

Quote: Originally posted by nfbr on 01 April 2003

I got rid of the airbox and found its a carb... which means ill have to put up with a sh*t sounding engine.
Ben P can you not read?

doesnt help that i only just got the car yesterday....

I was simply trying to find out prior to actually receiving the car... but unfortunately their were no renault experts on this site who were capeable of helpin me out!

lol, more experts than you think. Just not many in the 1.4 carbed Fidji!

no need to be spiteful, or we can be too.....besides it is clioSPORT.net.......

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 02 April 2003

lol, more experts than you think. Just not many in the 1.4 carbed Fidji!

lol I dont know why, but i find that quite funny.

Paul

thats probably more like it....nothing like an attitude to turn people off helping you.

Not to mention a laack of a decent explanation and being so damn lazy it took you a week to take the air filter off!

besides, you didnt mentions u just got the car after your forst post!