ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO - 60-100 timing enthusiasts

BMW 320d Sport

Theres been a lot of us chewing the cud over 0-60 times, 0-100, quarter mile ETs and terminal speeds, outright power, power/weight etc and the inter-relationship between all of them.So just out of interest, what are everyones 60-100 times? You can use whatever gears you want that you think will give you the best times. You should also go through the start and finish speeds, i.e. sit at 50 then floor it, and start timing when you go past 60. Aim for 110 and stop your clock when you go past 100.I know it wont be accurate, in fact what with stopwatch inaccuracies and speedos being out, itll probably be a couple of seconds wrong but itll give an idea. I was doing a long run on my private test track the other day and had a fair few goes, in different gears, anyway it came out at just under 7 seconds. Thats using 3rd and 4th gear.I did try 80-100 in 5th, a real harsh test that separates the men from the boys. But I cant remember how it came out, it might have been 7 or 8 seconds? but I might be getting muddled up.Start posting your times!

C

chip16v

fooking hell thats quick! not been out and tested mine but going on evos test figures of 0-60 @5.9 and 0-100 @ 14.9 would make my 60 -100 time 9 seconds. might have sell the rs and turbo the clio;)

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

8.2 secs from 60 to 100 on the dials..from a vid Ive got so it accurate(ish). Thats going through 60 after a standing start btw

I reckon they use that Calculator to work out those times though?

because my V6 255 has exactly the same figures with the Calc?

Simon

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Quote: Originally posted by Adams_16v on 12 January 2005
Does timing from 60-100 out of a 0-100 video count??

Yeah I think thats whats hes after, not a 60-100 roll-on.

Clio 1.4, SV650S

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 12 January 2005

I was doing a long run on my private test track
that always makes me laugh.....

i had another more relavent point but ive forgotten it because im drunk ;)

oh yeah... timing off videos... you always seem quicker, i think its because it captures X frames per second so it misses fractions of a second and you seem quicker. i remember my mates 1.8 focus saloon doing a 0-60 in 7 secs (?? it was a while ago) ona vid but in real life i dont think thats quite right.

williams and trophy

mines about 7-7.5, if memory serves me rite..that was b4 re-map tho

[Edited by 2 live on 13 January 2005 at 10:02am]

And where abouts is this "private test track?" ;)

Can i come over and have a little play. lol

Quote: Originally posted by entjm on 13 January 2005

that always makes me laugh.....

i had another more relavent point but ive forgotten it because im drunk

oh yeah... timing off videos... you always seem quicker, i think its because it captures X frames per second so it misses fractions of a second and you seem quicker. i remember my mates 1.8 focus saloon doing a 0-60 in 7 secs (?? it was a while ago) ona vid but in real life i dont think thats quite right.
frames may be out, but the time remains constant if you know what i mean. the FPS is how much of the footage it actually captures within a time space of 1 second, so time is unaffected and therefore accurate... im not really explaining this too well am I? lol

williams and trophy

well 60 seconds of tape, is 60 seconds of time innit lol

so 6 seconds of tape is 6 seconds of time.....etc.....i think thats wot ur meanin innit??

Taking my 0-60 as about 6.5 secs and my 0-100 as 13.9 secs Id say its gonna be 7.4 secs, but Id like to go check it on the road.

So just under 7 secs is VERY impressive, as the coupe is particularly good once rolling!

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 13 January 2005

well 60 seconds of tape, is 60 seconds of time innit lol

so 6 seconds of tape is 6 seconds of time.....etc.....i think thats wot ur meanin innit??
exactly, the FPS is how much of the footage it shows, so 30 frames per second would be 30 screen updates in one second. technically if I were watching a live footy game on a telly at 30FPS or whatever thats what I would see, it has no relevance to the actual length of the match, but instead how many times a second the screen is updated.

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

I just took my Fiat Coupe 20VT for a blat to see how long it would take...

Using 3rd then 4th gear = 5.6secs

Using 4th only = 6.7secs

Using 5th only = 9.7secs

Citroen Saxo VTS

Bloody quick them Fiat Coupes! Very under-rated cars i reckon. Will have one one day hopefully. _Tom_ is yours standard bud?

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

Quote: Originally posted by Neil_H on 13 January 2005

Bloody quick them Fiat Coupes! Very under-rated cars i reckon. Will have one one day hopefully. _Tom_ is yours standard bud?
Mine is not standard. I had it mapped recently and it came out as 288bhp and 280lb/ft torque - (instead of 220bhp 232lb/ft as standard). However, I think its probably more like 315bhp and 300lb/ft torque as the Millway rollers are a bit pessimistic.

But yes the Fiat Coupes are ruthlessly fast even as standard and 3rd gear is where it normally comes into its own ...

BMW 320d Sport

Thats a quality time Tom, and from a fettled Fiat Coupe I can actually believe it as well. The reason why I say under 7 seconds is that its not proper timing, just a stopwatch job, but a lot of the tests it came out at more like 6. Best to round up though just to be on the safe side. Plus I stopped the timing when I hit 100 on the speedo, which because of my gearing is actually more like 103-104mph. So really to be more accurate I should stop at around 97, which would end up giving a result a second or so quicker I reckon. Must get it done properly some time with GPS equipment.

just a stopwatch jobbie. on the scoob managed 60-100 in 5.7 secs bare in mind i said stop and the time it took my mate to register, few tenths

without doing it properly though i wont know

Done it!

only needed 3rd gear and she pulled strongly to produce a 6.4 sec 60-100. This was running on fumes but 2 up (RobD of Cliosport was the ballast) ! Overall Im very very impressed with the cars performance tonight, sod Evo FMICs, just use the !!power of JANUARY!!

Also tried doing 60-100 in 3rd and then 4th at about 90 mph, but this added a couple of tenths. Tom, you have one vv quick car sir

Temps tonight must have been a rosy - 1 or -2

GTiR330 letstorquebhp.com

Re the question early about http://www.letstorquebhp.comwww.letstorquebhp.com stats using the calculator for all cars menioned, well I actually run and maintain the site (and development of the proper site, in fact I designed the formulas) and YES ALL stats are calculated using a set formula to cover all the cars......thats the whole point of the site, "theory" figures. Its was users will be able to do with these figures that will form the bases of the proper site. Cheers

STEVE http://www.letstorquebhp.comwww.letstorquebhp.com

Yeah its kerb weight as quoted by the manufacturer. We use the same formulas to cover all performance road cars, so if we are out somewhat on a particular model then you can fiddle the figures on the calculator afterwoods and then add mods/bhp too see the effects.

About 95% of the figures quoted are pretty close to real life, and although the site is informative its all just a bit of fun, and should be far better once we add comparision graphs, racing animation, articles and other stuff planned. At the moment the development site is updated after the first week of each month with new cars, especially previews not tested yet, eg the BMW M6, the Buggati Veryron, and track specials. We just recently put parameters on the calculator to stop people putting in stupid impossible figures, cars less than 70bhp too, or even bikes, as it was never setup for that.

I am amazed how many hits we receive (over 8k in one week!) all over the world, so theres abviously a good few people who use it now, and we get reports on what forums its mentioned on too via the site matrix stats, hence ive read some like this, but many are actually foreign forums too in German etc.

Please use the site e-mail for any feedback, hope we are not too far out on the clios mentioned!

STEVE http://www.letstorquebhp.comwww.letstorquebhp.com

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Always though they were pretty close to the mark, maybe the front wheel drive starts are a little quick, especially when big power is used...

Yeah the problem with big power is traction (and the effect of aeroodynamics on terminals/100) especially on fwd cars, the calculator has actually been set up to increase the 0-60 time on fwd once past a certain bhp/ton becuase its becomes more and more difficult to get the power down, but then putting in stupid bhp on fwd car properly requires special suspension setup, tyres etc in real life to get decent figures.