ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO all Dreamweaver geeks!!

I am really stuck!

I am building a site using tables, and I want to open an outside webpage in one of my cells. How do i set a cell as a target??
I am supposing i will need code to do this!! please point me in the right direction, Google isn't helping much!!

Turbos.
You can't do this. It would have to be in a frames, which is a nightmare for accessibility and search engines.

Ideally you want to move from tables to full CSS anyway...

Ya i realise frames are a nightmare!! hence the use of tables!! I have no idea how to do CSS and i am leanring soo much stuff at the mo my head is fire! i suppose i will just have to settle with them opening in another window!!

Thanks for the reply!!

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
If you really want to open a page in a cell use an iFrame. Google it there are hundreds of thousands of articals about them.

But really before you waste your time learning about tables etc, learn css, its not tht tricky once you get the basics and so much better

hmmm Just looked at the iframe and i believe you have solved it for me!! will have a play!

p.s. Sorry for posting in wrong section! wasn't sure if it was technology or not :p

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
tables - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

worst way to make a site is doing it via tables!

would still move to css. If you are looking at getting into web design using tables is a step backwards and companys tend to look for people who can now build tableless sites. And once you picked it up its rather simple.

JP

GW RS200
tables - noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

worst way to make a site is doing it via tables!

Know something we don't? ;-)

"In theory, you’re supposed to be able to create vibrant, complex Web page
designs without using tables at all, thanks to CSS. In practice, most of today’s
Web pages are still — behind the curtain — held together by tables. Think
I’m toying with you? Go to almost any well-known site like www.cnn.comor
www.bbc.com, choose View➪Source in Internet Explorer to see the HTML,
and I’ll bet you don’t have too look far to find your first <table>element.
You won’t have to look much further to find dozens more."

From CSS for Dummies

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Tables are good for certain things, I still use them now and again...

But I use CSS for all the styling and positioning of stuff.. much easier that way.

Oh, and IFRAME = no no !!

Golf MK7,GSX-R600 L4
CSS is the way forward. I completely changed the look of a website in no time at all just by changing the stylesheet!

Rav4
Tables are good for certain things, I still use them now and again...

But I use CSS for all the styling and positioning of stuff.. much easier that way.

Oh, and IFRAME = no no !!

IFRAME, why no no ?

For instance, what if I have a website, but need to pull in some forms from an insurer, thus being white labelled........

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Then use an include or pull the data into a div.. there are better ways to do it than an IFRAME.

Know something we don't? ;-)

"In theory, you’re supposed to be able to create vibrant, complex Web page
designs without using tables at all, thanks to CSS. In practice, most of today’s
Web pages are still — behind the curtain — held together by tables. Think
I’m toying with you? Go to almost any well-known site like www.cnn.comor
www.bbc.com, choose View➪Source in Internet Explorer to see the HTML,
and I’ll bet you don’t have too look far to find your first <table>element.
You won’t have to look much further to find dozens more."

From CSS for Dummies

Pretty sure that bbc is dont using css, i find most sites such as the bbc that have tables in the code is tables which are created via server side code.

Main reason i am aware of for using css over tables is that search engines etc will not see information in tables as relevant information to the content of the page so will ignore it when its bots scan through your page to deterimine its position in the search results.