ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO:- All Hedunit/MP3 Guru’s

Right basically ive got the Pioneer DEH-77MP, and basically ive trasfered some of my mixes to MP3 so that I can fit a few sets on one CD.

Things is, every new track is set up as a new mix, but when I play it in my h/u theres a slight pause for the track to load.

Is there anyway that the h/u can buffer the track in advance so that I wont have these pauses?

Ian

Clio 172 Ph2

Erm...that I know of - no.

Alpines do the same thing.

All you can do is encode to a single mp3 track - of course then you cant jump between songs - expect if you know the correct time offset and use fast forward a lot! lol

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8

as said no all individual tracks will have a slight pause no headunit i know of will go without pauses dont think its possible either.

i wrote this on my P900.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

...dunno about the HU, but MP3s arent inherently gapless, theres a kludge in lame which allows it to encode gapless but there that introduces a whole load of other funnies....and its still down to the decoder as to whether itll accept them....

..My HU (which is not in my car at the moment) has no such problem - but it has a harddisc ;)

Adrian

Its defos the h/u cos when i play the files on my comps hard drive, theres no gap, so the mixes play straight through without any pauses.

I guess I just have to live with it :(

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

I think the fact most pcs have more grunt helps too - the slight pause is very common on my bros very old laptop - are your files just on the root of the disc or in folders for each album for example? mine takes an age too if i have say 15 folders, 1 per album..

oh and the higher the bitrate the longer it takes too!

try doing an 11 album open session cdrw at 320kbps - I get to work before it sorts itself out!

I have the same thing on mine, its a Kenwood HU, never really bothered me as it is literally a second, if that.