ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO: ALL NEW 182, 225,& V6 OWNERS

Only applies if you had your car ordered in for you (ie it was not sat on the forcourt when you bought it)

Q: How many miles did your car have on it when you collected it? How many did you expect it to have?

Ford Fiesta

mine had think it was 19, they said more than normal cos they were testing the navigation, one address in history of the nav led me back to the technicions house.

Embarrassed to say

Jesus i once had a new ford that had 40 miles on it, they said it was okay for delivery mileage. My cup had 11 miles on it.

Mondeo STTDCI

Mine had 21. Was pretty shocked too. But it was in the compound waiting for 1st September for 3 WEEKS! So they drove it back and forth a couple of times (really small dealership with pretty off site compound).

Anything more than 25-30 Id wanna know why.

i think it had 12 miles on or something but that included the salesman going and getting a full tank of petrol for me while i filled out the forms you give you before you take it away

7 miles when delivered.

IMO anything up to 50 miles could be delivery (although if they transfer a car from another dealer it could be 100+, and Id expect to be told beforehand!).

Matt

Mine had 36 because it was delivered to one dealership in the chain and because I didnt want to wait they had the cancelled ordered one driven up to the dealership I was buying it from. All of the new cars I have owned have had a mixture of 5-40 miles on the clock. A friend of mine is a salesman at another brand and he says that he has seen cars go out with 200 miles on the clock.

Cheers

Simon.

doesnt this apply to all new cars or are you just saying that because it is a sporty model that they get ragged about all over the place or taken home with the manager?

Anyway, mine had 9 miles on it but I know the saleman took it to the petrol station to fill it up so a couple or so miles will be from that.

Full Fat 182 - Was..

WOOOHOOOOO I win!!!!!

1.9 miles from new!!! i even got to drive it off the transporter!!!!

:devilish: only i and 2 other ppl have driven my baby outside of the renault plant

51miles. I questioned it with someone quite high up within Renault, apparently all the sport models now go through quite a regarous (sp) road test before delivery. I was old to expect anhing between 25-60 miles on a V6 255.

James if (or should that be when;)) you buy a new V6 255, it will come with higher delivery milage than your Mk1.

You would be surprised by the number of people who drive the cars before they reach you as i load unload the cars from the boats at southampton docks including the renaults into CAT UK and in england alone from ship to dealer at least 6 different people would have driven a single car.

1 from ship to cat compound or 2 if car is in tight spot on ship and break out crue moved it while waiting for next driver.

1 road test for cat drives it to wash bay if room if not then gets parked up and someone else tkes it to wash later.

1 from wash to QC and valeting prodution line

1 from there to finished car holding area in CAT

1 from CAT to redbridge compound

1 transport driver loading unloading transporter.

Most Cars arrive in uk with about 4 miles on clock

BTW this dosnt apply to the v6 as only special staff are allowed any where near these cars even from boat to cat only trusted full time staff drive them.

[Edited by KillemHall on 24 September 2004 at 12:26pm]

ST

I was told by my Dads mate who used to work for a Jaguar that delivery mileage can be up to 500 miles?

Cheers everyone. Ill give the dealer a buzz tomorrow and this is not a question I have asked yet.

This is the first brand new car I have ever had and it would just feel a bit odd to step into it with 30+ miles on the clock. I would immeadiately start thinking "What the f**k have they been doing with my £20K motor"