ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO all who have V-Maxx coilovers fitted

Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Today I was driving along a coastal road, quite bumpy and alot of sharp bends etc. During the drive i started feeling my car bumping at the back at the drivers side and then the passengers side. When I got out to check what was wrong I found that both of my rear shocks had come away from the bushes and disconnected themselves from the rear beam!

Please check your rear shocks and make sure this is not starting to happen to you. I have covered 1500 miles since the coilovers were fitted and it has only happened now. I will be contacting V-Maxx about this issue as it is very dangerous.

Thanks

Stewart

I managed to bodge them back on using a handle of a hydraulic jack and dash shine as lubricant. Car is going nowhere till they get fixed properly though, will take some pics later.

audi a6 3.0tdi
I did try warning people before the group buy but all my posts got deleted. Hope it gets sorted for you :(

A couple of crappy phone pics

04042009244.jpg

04042009245.jpg

When I do get my new shocks I will be making large spacers or a plate to stop it from hapening again, just for my own piece of mind.

I have just emailed V-Maxx, will let you know the response when I get it. Also is it safe to drive short distances? My dad has just taken his car to work and I kinda want to go out tonight.

tbh mate, if you put a big washer before you put the bolt on i cant see a problem, as the bush cant go the other way as its against the box section!

Problem is that I don't have anything kicking about the garage that I can use, might just walk to my dads work and steal his car off him.

Wehey, found the spare key to my dad's car, sent him a text telling him I was taking his car and would pick him up from work in the morning. Sorted!

Charged Superleggera
so woudl it be dangerous driving around with those shocks for long distances? or was this just a one off?

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
I did try warning people before the group buy but all my posts got deleted. Hope it gets sorted for you :(

That’s quite disconcerting if your comments were unbiased and were attempting to highlight a genuine h&s concern regarding the use of these units.

:S

"Navy" N17 TWO
Bloody hell Stewart - stop taking heavy loads in the rear!
Seriously though, hope V-Maxx come up with a soloution without any hassle mate

Charged Superleggera
solution is to get some big washers beteen the shock and the bolt. easy solution as the bush has no where to go. iv heard of fk's with similar problems tbh. a memeber on here actually had the rear shock go up through into the boot. just because one member ha this problem it doesnt mean everyone who bought v maxx coilovers will but im getting washers put in just for peace of mind

LOL at all the H&R et al. fanboys climbing out the woodwork wheeling out the quality clichés without ever fitting or trying a set of these. They are very cheap coilovers yes, but that doesnt mean they were nailed togeather in a jungle clearing.

They are a relatively new design for vmaxx so issues like this are bound to arise, just as it sounds like they did with FK's, gaz and other kits.

I've been driving mine pretty hard and have been nothing but impressed and there has been absolutely no issues with them at all.

I would also like to add that although I have had the problem with the rear shocks I have no other complaints about these. As said this is an issue that is easily sorted and I hope others will just keep an eye out. I did not start this thread to **** off V-Maxx as I am really happy with them and the car handles really well with no clunks, bangs or crashes.

TTRS & V50
LOL at all the H&R et al. fanboys climbing out the woodwork wheeling out the quality clichés without ever fitting or trying a set of these. They are very cheap coilovers yes, but that doesnt mean they were nailed togeather in a jungle clearing.

They are a relatively new design for vmaxx so issues like this are bound to arise, just as it sounds like they did with FK's, gaz and other kits.

I've been driving mine pretty hard and have been nothing but impressed and there has been absolutely no issues with them at all.

Well said mate.

I got a reply today from V-Maxx who have said that there was a small amount of kits that had this problem but it is my no means something that is a widespread problem. Also the same shocks were used for the fixed height suspension set up for several years without any issues. They are speaking to the manufacturers and have promised me a new set of redesigned shocks so that it won't happen again so I am happy enough with that. I am also glad to see a company that looks in to improving products when issues are raised, not just giving out more parts with the same problem.