ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO all who have V-Maxx coilovers fitted

"Navy" N17 TWO
Happy days then, glad to know they are doing something about it - (as you say) not just replacing the parts with potentially the same problem.

TTRS & V50
COMMON Problem.

Think this should be listed as common maybe ? Well for those that had the batch in the group buy, i think they maybe duffs, please keep your eye out.

Checked mine today as i was doing a long trip, just so happens the n/s/r shock had popped off the bush, so had to do the old hammer back on and stick a big washer in for a temp fix. Will keep an eye on the offside but didnt have time to get a washer for that too.

Will contact v-maxx too. Seems as the bush hasnt bonded to the damper properly as it came clean off.

Just to note, i've had these fitted not even two weeks and covered mearly 4-500 miles maybe.

Also, i havnt carried anyone in the back since fitting, so its not due to heavy loads i doubt. Just shite quality.

Last edited:
  Coilovered Clio Dynamique
Oh dear, not good, as said before, please check your car if you have these fitted!

this doesnt sound good...i was gonna get a set in the next groupbuy..hope vmaxx sort this problem

I have beein in contact with them and they have been in touch with the manyfacturers and they are redesigning them

TTRS & V50
Its just a bad batch tbf. I cant see them being all like this, otherwise every single one they had manufactured would have been returned, as said in the email, this is not the case.

I dont see it as a huge problem to be fair. So i dont see why people are for f**k saking lol.

Just happened to me.

passenger side rear damper has come away from it's bush at the bottom.

Thought i'd got away with it tbh, covered a fair few miles with no problems.

Looks like a bad batch as mentioned.

I'v contacted V-maxx so just going to wait for a reply.

The email i got back after letting them know my rear damper had failed:

Hi Mr Musgrove,

It appears that a small batch of the rear dampers have this fault where the bushes pop out at the base of the damper. This does only happen on some of the kits, however the really strange thing is this same design has been used for several years in their range of fixed height suspension kits and caused no problems at all.

There is a redesigned batch due into stock sometime early this month; we will then replace your faulty dampers. I will ensure your details are retained and a set sent out as soon as we have them in stock. For now I would suggest refitting your standard dampers until the replacements are ready.

Regards

Charged Superleggera
cheers tom. ive fitted washers to mines for the time being but will they need us to send the faulty one back first do you think?

not sure on that one. Possibly.

I've still not had chance to swap mine back or fit washers due to massive amounts of uni work but think i'll switch to standard dampers just because i dont know how long it will take for them to send out the new replacements.

TTRS & V50
i got the exact same email, but they said end of last month.

V-maxx is based in northampton, so im going to them direct.

they are saying its an isolated batch that came out, unfortunately our group buy ended up with them. As they say, they have been using that design for the past several years with no worries so it looks like its bad luck rather than poor design.

tiTTy & SV650
Sounds like a manufacturing issue as which has highlighted a flaw in the design. If the same units have been sold without problem for years somethings changed, could be anything e.g. different bush material, different adhesive (which might be unknown to them) this is a quality control issue, stuff like this happens a lot. We get grief when our suppliers decide to change something off their own back and not tell us.

Weirdest one I've seen was a porous brass turning - 1 in a million practically, out of a 0.25 million parts made it was the first time we'd seen it happen.

But if it leads to an improved design then all the better as they sound like good value to me.

Yeh i've got to stree aside from the whole rear damper making a bid for freedom issue i've been nothing but impressed with them on the whole.

Come June i'm taking the car on an epic road trip down to the italian lakes so 3500+km's will really give them a good test

Charged Superleggera
anyone heard anything from v maxx yet? should the new shocks not have been sent out a month ago?

Sent them an email two days ago asking what was going on with the rear dampers and Matt from the performance company (who import v-maxx in the uk), replied pretty much immediately:

Hi Tom,

We are due to receive these on Monday; you will have them by next Tuesday.

Regards

So sometime around the 2nd we should have them

Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
Hi guys,

I've only seen this thread, so thought I'd post to keep you posted.

We've had a limited batch of replacement dampers rushed through the factory to get these issues resolved. They've been packed onto our delivery today which is leaving Holland tomorrow and will be with us Monday. Assuming our delivery is with us by mid-afternoon (it is usually 8am) we will get the dampers sent back out Monday night with DPD for delivery Tuesday (Wednesday to those in Highlands, N.I., etc.).

As discussed above, this is a proven design V-Maxx have been using for many years with their spring / shock kits, with no issues. They are not 100% sure what is causing the issue, but it may be a bad batch, or an issue because of the larger drop with coilovers. Either way the revised dampers should sort the problem.

For those still without issues, you could well be fine, but I'd suggest keeping an eye on them periodically to be sure. A temporary fix while you are waiting for replacements is to either re-fit OE shocks if you have them, or to use a large washer as suggested elsewhere.

Our full delivery of these dampers has now been allocated, however they will be through in a larger quantity in mid-June, so for any new claims, we will be looking to send out after then. Also all V-Maxx kits we are now supplying will include the revised dampers (we are holding off supplying any kits until they come back into stock).

If you have been in touch with us, or your supplying dealer, and want to confirm that we have your details for replacements, feel free to drop us an email to sales@v-maxx.co.uk or call us on 0845 060 3020.

In the 2 years we have been distributing V-Maxx in the UK, we have had very low numbers of warranty claims across the range, and the 24 month warranty is there to show our confidence in the quality of the products. I'm pleased to see favourable comments on the ride / handling with these kits fitted.

If anybody has any further questions at all about the warranty, or anything else to do with our range, feel free to give me or any of my team a call.

Regards,

Pete

V-Maxx UK / The Performance Company
www.v-maxx.co.uk

Audi A3 3.2 Quattro
Ok I've got an update now for you all.

Our delivery with the replacement dampers arrived late Monday, so all shipped out tonight with DPD. For people on mainland UK, they'll have them tomorrow (Wednesday), and for those in Highlands, NI, etc. they'll have them Thursday.

Hopefully there won't be many other people with issues, but if there are, we're here to help.

Regards,

Pete

V-Maxx UK / The Performance Company
www.v-maxx.co.uk

TTRS & V50
Got mine today, they do look different.

Tbf thumbs up V-maxx, top quality company at low price's, cant rate you enough.

Charged Superleggera
pics as promised of new desighn shocks

CIMG1906.jpg

CIMG1907.jpg

Need to ring my bodyshop and see if they have arrived with them yet, maybe get these in before the long drive to FCS!