ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO any clio owner with cobra alarm problems

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
any persony who is suffering from clio cobra alarm problems 9/10 its the siren under the drivers side scuttle panel, sometimes this is unaccessable or mabe you are just not confident to do the work but either way the wiper blades need to come off to fix it

the clios wipers a VERY prone to get seized and can cause the windscreen to crack during removal therefore i have devised a small guide to disarm the alarm compleatly from the alarm module

firstly use the guide to remove the dash on fubars site in the guide section and then you will be left with this

after removing the dash there is 6 of the same screws in the air bag unit passenger side remove it and wobble the airbag out and hold it or as in the pic get a friend to hold it while you take a snap :)

this should show the cobra alarm module.... if you intend to fix the system later then pull the fuse as i have or remove it as you wish

i rang loads of places a pulled a lot of favors to find the location and eventually got to it but dont be fooled absoloutly none of the main dealers knew where it was they all wanted to remobe the scuttle panel to pull a fuse which i new even the frogs wouldnt put a fuse in the engine bay....

any way pleasure to write this guide :D job done

PS after market alarms will fit here and the wireing in 99% universal

:rasp:

Clown Car
If that is in the same posistion as the 182 cobra alarm, then you could have just unplugged the harness multi plug from the alarm to the vehicle electrics which is located behind the dash in the passenger footwell, no need to take dash out.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
its not the same m8 ive tried every angle, its for ph 1 sport models up to 172 ph 2 compleatly different

Thats great mate im sure alot of people will find this useful, as i have always said alarms are a waste of time so if mine starts to malfunction i know how to sort it out.

Many thanks

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i heard many ppl having headaches about this so y not take some pics along the way to show where it is

happy to help

i rang loads of places a pulled a lot of favors to find the location and eventually got to it but dont be fooled absoloutly none of the main dealers knew where it was they all wanted to remobe the scuttle panel to pull a fuse which i new even the frogs wouldnt put a fuse in the engine bay....

Few main dealers, deal with alarms as there not fitted by them plus the renault sport models phase2 style have them elsewhere.

Why did youneed to pull a favour its ot exactly a secret

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
well youd be suprised if its not exactly a secret then y does it seem non of the 7 apparent reno specelists tell me where it was, it was by chance that i came across the location and that was on here, so if every one knowes y did they not post in my many threads trying to locate it???? or where they just unwilling to help as i thorght this forum (or particular section) was about helping other users, sorry if i sound like im having a rant just you seem very ungrateful that im trying to contrabute
and i know that theres not much help in this field

ps i know its different on a ph 2 as stated above?

well youd be suprised if its not exactly a secret then y does it seem non of the 7 apparent reno specelists tell me where it was, it was by chance that i came across the location and that was on here, so if every one knowes y did they not post in my many threads trying to locate it???? or where they just unwiloling to help as i thorght this forum (or particular section) was about sorry if i sound like im having a rant just you seem very ungrateful that im trying to contrabute

Maybe they never bother or need to know where it was.

Ive been off here for a bit id have happily told you and have said it before where it is as other have posted its location before now you can easily find it i bet with a decient search.

This forums not unwilling there just unknowing there few on here who know about cars which is actually useful and will help if your thread is missed they cannot help it its a shame others who do know don't help but thats wht a search is the best idea.

Im not ingratful just wondered why you belved it was secet when infact few dealers ever see if so don't care where it is

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
fair play, just i tryed search and actually there is very few that directly indicate where it is except one i found by a guy who removed his, which was in 2006 posted so it took me a while to get this info and in the mean time 3 ppl are asking me how its going to find the alarm, seems they where having the same info problem or lack of as it may be, any way as you said you would of told me but you wernth here so count this as me telling every one else who has probs which judging on the replys.... no 1 lol

nvm its here 4 ppl to read let it die a death now and move on to the archives of search

BMW M135i
Few main dealers, deal with alarms as there not fitted by them plus the renault sport models phase2 style have them elsewhere.

Where abouts are they on the Ph2 edde? Knew mine wasn't under the airbag but i've got no idea where it actually is?

BMW M135i
fair play, just i tryed search and actually there is very few that directly indicate where it is except one i found by a guy who removed his, which was in 2006 posted so it took me a while to get this info and in the mean time 3 ppl are asking me how its going to find the alarm, seems they where having the same info problem or lack of as it may be, any way as you said you would of told me but you wernth here so count this as me telling every one else who has probs which judging on the replys.... no 1 lol

nvm its here 4 ppl to read let it die a death now and move on to the archives of search

I knew the control module was under the airbag, never knew the alarm fuse was part of it though.

megane 225
the alarm on my 172 was different, mine was fitted with a compact system (so all the electronics were housed in the siren itself) i wonder how many others are like that

Where abouts are they on the Ph2 edde? Knew mine wasn't under the airbag but i've got no idea where it actually is?

On the cars when there fitted on the dock there under the scuttle panell usually.

On the other cars there usually under the airbag as this is.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
i traced this fitting back to the dock fitting thats where i got info from, and was told of 2 and then 3 usual places, he tells me it depends on the fitter and the 3 polaces are : 1 under the airbag being most popular 2 being behind the dash under the plastid guard beneith the cd player easy to get to but harder for the guys to fit so second most popular and 3rd is the quick fix IMO as he said not many at all are under the scuttle they said sometimes ppl used to wrap the control box up and hide it beneith the scuttle with the siren

saying that the newer cobra model used in post 2003 where housed with the siren always on base alarms, the next models up where as the previous... stashed in the dash

:)

Really? I thought it was? especially seen as there are so many members on here dealing with the same problems on regular occasions, asking where where it is located and no one really seemed to know.

Dont knock him when hes trying to help others who arn't in the know. Ive found him to be a great help.

Really? I thought it was? especially seen as there are so many members on here dealing with the same problems on regular occasions, asking where where it is located and no one really seemed to know.

Dont knock him when hes trying to help others who arn't in the know. Ive found him to be a great help.

As far as I can remember few have ever asked where it is and noone fiddes with it bar swopping the sensor wires round which don't need to get to the alarm for.

Im not knocking him just asking why he seems to think its a huge secret.

Seems like a bit of a secret to me Edde.

Today ive had the top of my dash out, its not under the airbag, and ive also had my cnetre console out, its not behind there neither. The wires seem to be heading behind the heater matrix, but it cant be behind there.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
bloody hell lol, you got the one under the scuttle? or possibly right at the back of the dash, best ask edde any ways he knows

bloody hell lol, you got the one under the scuttle? or possibly right at the back of the dash, best ask edde any ways he knows

I know, ill bet my bottom dollar its the one at the back of the dash.

Ive had the scuttle panel off and all I can see is the Siren, which looks about 75mm sq, so I cant really see how the rest of the unit is built into the siren, which some people are saying.

Clio Sport 182
well i found the wires for my cobra at the back of the glovebox after looking up from the floorwell.. i traced them out of the bulkhead into the scuttle panel CUT all the wires as they went under the scuttle and my cobra alarm has never lived or gave me any hassle since... so the circuit board for the alarm may be in the siren housing maybe thats why there called compact alarms ???

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
well i found the wires for my cobra at the back of the glovebox after looking up from the floorwell.. i traced them out of the bulkhead into the scuttle panel CUT all the wires as they went under the scuttle and my cobra alarm has never lived or gave me any hassle since... so the circuit board for the alarm may be in the siren housing maybe thats why there called compact alarms ???

considering ive already found control unit i think the circuit is seperate from the siren, possibly close but its not a part of it and i could of cut wires but all the wireing is universal so i thorght instead ill just pull a fuse and it worked fine so imo my idea was much more feasable.

clio mk2 p1 1.4 16v
ya dont have to if your careful but i did just incase if ya pull the airbag cable its essensiasl you pull power first, and leave it 20mins or so, a m8 did it without removing the battery alls fine