ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO anyone buying a babyseat

williams and trophy

get urselves down to halfords now lol

theyv made a bit of an error in their pricings and got the recaro start sportline up for sale in the book for £150.they never have them in stock so when u go to order 1................

now these seats retail at £195 but if u make a fuss about them being advertised for £150 then tryin to charge u £200 an mention tradin standards and digi cameras to them theyl kindly let u have them for £150

hahah muppets

lol threating the company with trading standards is the most weakest form of bribery in the world. yeah ur rite itll make them offer u the lower price as a gesture of goodwill but by no means do they have to honor the price by law. I really hate ppl who pay the trading standards trump card...just have some mannors and explain that although its not law they have to honour the price u would like them to do so because of the inconvience etc. if I was a manager Id b much more open to this kind of approach

er..... if its for sale in the book for £150 then they have to sell for that price or lower!

Anyone remember when Argoss website were selling TVs for £3.99 instead of obviously £399. Loads of people placed orders, which after a court ruling, they had to honour!

That Recaro baby seat is mint, wanted my sister to buy one for her baby when we went to Halfords looking.. she didnt tho. :cry:

320d M Sport

yeah its true, they got to sell at the price advertised, so err, Id get off your high horse davidol mate :eek:

somewhere like halfords will let it go if thats what price is showing, they can refuse sale though - argos had to honour it cos the sale had been agreed - on the net, where as a shop maager can refuse to sell you something if its priced up wrong, its quite common!!!

that seats mint, nearly bought 2 cos its about the only sodding size that will fir in the seven!!!!!!

williams and trophy

davidol mate if its advertised for 150 i xpect to pay 150.

if u go the bar n ask how much for a pint , they say £2, how pissed off are u gunna b when they charge u £5 10 mins later?

the guy was startin to get shirty with me when i mentioned that the price in their advertising brochure was difrent to wot they were chargin me so thats wen i played the standards card

i fukkin hate shop managers that are on a real power/ego trip..........they fukkin wankas, anyone wud think it was their own personal store and their own personal profits..........they jus wankas n can suk my c**k

lol

rant over

they dont have to sell you it at that price, some places will just to offer goodwill. Legally they can say no, and then change the price.

The Amazon digital camera scoop wasnt honoured as proof of purchase ie the reciept is the last email they send you, forming the contract to buy. Anytime they see anything wrong with the transaction they can refuse sale.

Golf 1.4 TSI

legally they do not have to sell at that price. In law it will be classed as an invitation to treat, it is the customer who makes the offer to buy and the shop who accept. If they try to charge you more you dont buy its not the offer you made to them. Also a reason why people can be refused to be sold certain products not covered by legislation, if they are to young etc or to drunk

If you play the Trading Standards Card they can just take it off sale for like 10 minutes, change the price then put it back on sale.

I hate it when people say they advertised it for that price so they have to sell it to me .

Weeman sucks ****

They are a nice seat, I was going to go for one but theyre not suitable for kids around the 1 year old mark!! Shame, but I do now have my Maxi-Cosi seat in formula red which is a nice sporty contrast to the mondail blue on my cup, LOL.

Whatever about the prices and all; I can recommend the seats. I have had two of them for about 3 years now. They are incredibly well built and adjustable as the kids grow.

Most catalogues and prices lists have E & OE or something similar in them, it means errors and ommissions excepted - as in if they make a mistake tough. Try it on by all means but if the store manager is any good he should know the score, getting arsey and threatening him with trading standards is more likely to get you thrown out than get you a cheap seat. Explaining that you really wanted that seat, you have driven a long way because you saw it advertised at £150 and surely a company the size of Halfords can honour their advertised prices may work better.

Top seat though, got one for my 2 year old and he loves it. It sits him a bit higher up than a lot of other car seats so he can see where he is going. The head restraint is also good for when he falls asleep as it supports his head properly.

Quote: Originally posted by chrisba on 15 December 2003

If you play the Trading Standards Card they can just take it off sale for like 10 minutes, change the price then put it back on sale.

I hate it when people say they advertised it for that price so they have to sell it to me .
They either have to honour the price or take every unit off display for that day, they cannot put the same item back on display at a higher price (well theyre not meant to anyway). We used to have this problem at a big chain store I used to work in.

As has been said, contact trading standards of you like, but unless you were told it was £150, and they have physically charged you for it at the higher price, they dont have to sell you it for £150.
they are inviting you to buy at £150, but they can changed the price if they wish

williams and trophy

well iv had 2 of these seats up to now, a black 1 for the valver, which was errrrrr black, i then sold that 1 to get a sportline blue 1 to match the willy.i then found out mrs was expectin no.2 lol

typical innit

i can highly recommend these seats as they are not only very comfy but also very safe.

as for the pricings lol

i was on the understanding that if a product COULD cost more than the advertised price the ad had to say FROM £???

if thats not the law then im sorry im no solicitor lol

some ppl are gettin a bit arsey on here bout the way i went about this

fuk em

i got wot i wanted an i got it slightly cheaper than it shud have been, no1 else has been injured or upset wots ur fukkin problem?

oh and dirk mate i think they are actually advertised as suiting babies from 6 months old to 14 year old kids.................i may be wrong on the 6 month bit but my son had his at about 4 month, my daughter however was only very small wen born and is still quite small for her age now an she just about fits it right, at the lowest settings lol

sorry mate didnt mean to come across as on a high horse at the time but my point was a valid one...as pissed off as u may be the shop manager can refuse to sell it to u for the advertised price...sorry to sound like a knob sayin it though

williams and trophy

davidol no worries mate

i know from past experiences that wot u type doesnt necessarily mean wot u meant to say.

errrrrrrrr

does that make sense????????????? lol

2012 WRX Waggon

Quote: Originally posted by 2 live on 15 December 2003

davidol mate if its advertised for 150 i xpect to pay 150.

if u go the bar n ask how much for a pint , they say £2, how pissed off are u gunna b when they charge u £5 10 mins later?

the guy was startin to get shirty with me when i mentioned that the price in their advertising brochure was difrent to wot they were chargin me so thats wen i played the standards card

i fukkin hate shop managers that are on a real power/ego trip..........they fukkin wankas, anyone wud think it was their own personal store and their own personal profits..........they jus wankas n can suk my c**k

lol

rant over
LMFAO!! Just say what u mean Jon ;)

williams and trophy

lol

wots wrong wi bein common?

if id av ad some grenades hed av ad it lol

jim mate i wud let the kids in them but they nearly as comfy as the willyy seats lol