ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Anyone interested in K-Tecs Mild Steel Super Stealth System

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
So ive had the system fitted for a couple of months now, main things ive noticed is its really quiet at motorway speeds, which is just what I wanted really as my old system including de-cat made mine and the gf's ears bleed on long journeys unless the stereo was seriously blasting.

The worst thing for me about the system is that the rear U bend going over the beam isn’t high enough, so due to my car being quite low this hits all the time, also the backbox tends to sag pretty low which makes it look slightly stupid, along with the mid box so this hits on even average sized speed bumps. The garage that fit the system specialize in exhausts and said for the life of them they couldn’t get it to sit any higher, ill get some pics of it once ive cleaned the car.

Here are some rough vids, in the first clip I purposely didn’t gun it to show how it sounds under normal driving conditions, unfortunately though my Airbox and forced induction make quite alot of noise :(

th_SuperStealthVid.gif

Last edited:
  TTRS & V50
The worst thing for me about the system is that the rear U bend going over the beam isn’t high enough, so due to my car being quite low this hits all the time, also the backbox tends to sag pretty low which makes it look slightly stupid, along with the mid box so this hits on even average sized speed bumps. The garage that fit the system specialize in exhausts and said for the life of them they couldn’t get it to sit any higher, ill get some pics of it once ive cleaned the car.

I feel your pain, the system is s**t fitting, i dont understand how people get it to sit so high without hitting and banging.

I dont mind the drone so much nowadays but when i go down a back road it bangs off everything possible.

And for the life of me i cant get it sitting any higher without making the racket underneath my car worse. Tried 3 times now.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Here is the best pic to show how its currently sitting, ive already got an old socket in the rear mount to make it sit slightly higher!

DSC00203Custom.gif

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
ALL aftermarket systems imo fit s**t on the mk2. Milltek especially

M

mini-valver

Its the w**k arse rear mount. Get rid of it and weld 2 hangers on and use conventional rubber mounts, the single rear hanger is the worst design idea the french have ever had, aside from the Avantime.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
ive just got a mild steel stealth fitted to
and ive also put a 2 sockets on the rear mount so snap!

Does your fit like mine? I also chopped abit of the rear backbox pipe off so it didnt sit any further under the bumper!

I just lobbed one massive socket in the middle part of the rear mount, wish I still had my old stealth system, that didnt use this dire rear mount!!!

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
David from K-tec say it shouldnt sit that low, im getting mind looked at next week.

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I had mine fitted at k-tec, and my stealth is 'stealth' hidden away nicely.

When mine was first fitted, it was taken out for a 10-15 minute drive where it then expanded, so back up on the ramps for final adjustment.