ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Clio GTT owners

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Ive got a few questions i hope i can get answers for. Firstly where have people had the conversion done. What state of tune is your GTT engine in, anyone got a 200bhp+ one? How is it cooled, anyone got a big front mounted intercooler, any problems with overheating. How have you found reliabilty to be? How was your insurance affected? Can you give me a quick run down of clio parts that are swapped for 5 ones not including engine, loom or clocks. And do you lose the power steering, if so was there a P/S option on the 5 so you can get it, anyone done it?

Answers much appreciated.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra

Also does anyone know if you can get a limited slip diff for the R5, Im assuming you use the R5 box and that the R5/16v box arent interchangeable?

5 turbo and clio 16v boxes are interchangable.

BUT.!

The 5 turbos speedo is driven electronically, whereas the 16v is mechanical. So just put the 16v box on the 5 turbo block and hay presto.!

wouldnt use a 16V clio box, from experience 5Turbo box is stronger, clios always seem to eat third! call me later coolspot will have a chat then;)

its better to change the dash over and use the 5 dash with electric speedo!

Hi mate,

Ive had the conversion done at DD Autosports, Engine/Box/Wiring, new driveshafts/clutch/steering rack etc, loads of uprated bits, T25 Turbo, Grp B Intercooler, Copper Rad, Rebuilt Carb (Grp A), Cams, Piperx Air filter, low comp pistons/liners etc etc, give u full spec if you want, running 180bhp at 20psi at the mo, just checking fuel pump pressure then turining boost up to 25psi and will see 200bhp, 0-60 at the mo is 5-6 secs, got coilovers too so it gives most things a good go, my advice is get it done or save up for an evo (my next car!!!), cooling is ok, all 5s run warm, got the fan on a switch and low termo etc, silicon hoses, oh yeah and the vital dump valve tish!!!!!!