ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Freddynamique2001

alright mate!

Heard from someone you have had your latest style clio dropped 100mm on 17s! just wanted to know more about it, and what problems you have encounted? & have you got any pics? it sounds mental! i was looking at 80mm & thought that was me dreaming! and that was on 16"s with a tire profile of 40!

cheers

LoL hehehehe

just gotta correct you there mate, it aint 100mm

Its 110mm :eek::D

Im sure hell be on to respond himself sometime soon..

Lee

BMW M2C

If you look for Donny South pics there are some of Fred car amongst them. You cant miss it. Kinda looks like Darth Vadar!! especially when behind you on the motorway.

His car looks the dogs. Be warned though 110mm aint god for a car. His front wings have split, and hes aquired a couple of small dents in the roof. But thats the price he has to pay ;) for the lowest Clio here.

Megane 225 baby! :)

Check the ClioSport Car of the Year awards thread - on the 1st page, there is a pic of Freds car!! (y)

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

Just had someone round doing stuff to my car... and he menchioned his mate went to donny at the weekend, i asked if he saw us and he said "yeah, he said something about this gorgeous black clio sat right outside the marquee" "ahhh, thatd be freds"

how to do it

take one set of coilovers
one clio
one set of 17s

and an angle grinder

attack arches of clio with angle grinder, fit coilovers, then refit wheels

really is that easy :confused: explain in more detail then fred

I know of a guy with a lower Clio! His names Stu and hes got a gold Clio with smoothed bodywork running 130mm drop on 18"s!! He had to take his bodykit off cos it scraped on the ground and hes now got the standard front bumper completely smoothed and its sitting only about 2cm off the ground with the rubber splitter removed! And guess how much it cost him for this incredible lowness? £100! The ride is even acceptably ok, and hes had no problems runnin the car like this for 9 months so far.

His Clio is also the loudest Ive ever heard, as he has absolutely no silencing from manifold to tailpipe! Its one straight pipe, no cat, no backbox! Add to that an induction kit and a sh*tload of DLS ICE and you have one loud muthaf**ka of a Clio!

Yeah I was about ot say that.... lol cheers Ben.

& 80mm on 16s... how can that ruin the handling...? Unless your talking about the other guys...? & not only that but 16s wont change the handling significantly due to the rolling radius being the same with a lower profile tires.

At least freds beast is still drivable, infact from some of the roads and tracks Ive seen him go down youd think it was a 4x4 LoL

Burgandy 174 sport t

yeah seen that clio not for a whiile though as my days at strathy cruise came to an end last year, apparantly i have to grow up,mmmm

Quote: Originally posted by Roamer on 22 August 2003
At least freds beast is still drivable, infact from some of the roads and tracks Ive seen him go down youd think it was a 4x4 LoL

in other words

york Dragways rally course approach to strip

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by dogmaul on 23 August 2003

roamer how bout that road i went down the other night lol :p
I use that lane everyday ! Just not at that speed dude :eek:;) Didnt relise how much lift you can get at that bump. All four wheels must have left the ground for sure !

Very nice mate!!!!! ur mental :D but with awesome ideas :D

Ok.... Ive decided to move up to 17" alloys as 16s will look too small!

So whats better.... 35/30 drop on front/rear or 60mm drop all around?? I dont want the wheel to dissapear into the wheel arch - personally I dont like this!

I dont suppose anyone have any pics of their car lowered 35mm & 60mm on 17" alloys by any chance?? and if so, can you post them up so I compare :D

cheers all

mines lowered 35/30 on PI springs, Fred, how the hell does urs run so low! my car is on 17s and well bloody bumpy as it is! what happens on country roads and speed bumps when youre slammed so low?! what did you actually take out with the anglegrinder?

yeah mate, its really noticable if you get them bodycoloured! ive seen quite a few black ones that have been done and they look wicked!!!

& cheers everyone! Fred uve been especially helpful considering uve done all 3 of the choices i was looking at!!!! lol! The comparing pic did it all, im going 60mm!

When you say bedded in... does that mean they will get lower or they are at the lowest to start off with?

& next question before I buy is.... whats better, PI springs or KTR springs? (for a 60mm drop)

cheers all!

Ahhhh thats cleared that up a treat mate!!! OK, well I just got a reply from John H from demontweeks after I emailed him asking how much the PI springs would be after the cliosport discount... & I got sent this....

"STOP! if you know whats good for your car think before fitting the springs youve e-mailed
me about i could send you some Spax 60mm springs ive got them in stock and your price to your door is £**.** and they are good quality and will lower your car level,not lob-sided.regards
John"

So... what are spax like compared to PI springs then?? Bearing in mind they are the same price! Cheers for your help guys, its much appreciated!!!

damn, im on pi springs! although i think Freds finally persuaded me to get the KTR/JK coilovers, his car looks meaner than mine which aint fair, mines a 1.6! sorry fred, must see my point!;)

mike

Lionel Richie

DUDE Spax suck eggs!!! Na not really, theyre all the same!! Bedding in means that they will sink upto 10mm lower after 1-2months (depending on how hard you drive it/how many fat mates you have in the back!!!!)

Mikesclio - ive only just started with my car!!!! (theyre FK coilovers NOT JK (thats the lead singer of jamaroqui!!))

Plenty more stuff in the pipeline!!!

:D