ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Lee... F1 Championship

The problem with that comes from the fact that we have to give the player control of the car before they hit the timing line. Timing lines are placed in the correct location, so sometimes the AI hasn't straightened the car up fully when the player gets control. We did all we could to cut down on that happening, but it still does on the odd circuit.

It is me. I'm also holding a camera in the paddock and in the drivers press conference!

You'll all be pleased to know the patch is coming along nicely.

Good to see you back and thanks for the info. I suspect once patched this game will be an awesome experience as its pretty damn godly unpatched! (As long as you stay away from career;))

How cool to be featured in a video game - not jealous at all :D

Monaco Blue 172 (56/468)
Just wondering what difficulty and settings everyone is playing on and how your faring to give a rough idea

AI - legendary
ABS - off
Traction - full
Tyre sim - off
Fuel sim - on
Using - PS3 controller

Just started career mode again and in a lotus currently finishing races around the 10th place mark, liking it as its fun being able to overtake and not be stuck right at the back of the grid but not that I'm right up there with the big boys yet, have to work really hard for a top 10 finish.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
AI - legendary
ABS - off
Traction - off
Tyre sim - on
Fuel sim - on
Pit Box - manual
Pit Limiter - manual
Using - Steering Wheel

currently 24th in champ as ive only raced at Bhrain and punished by pit bug and a puncher, currently practicing at albert park just before Q1

FFS. A racing game that cannot be played in time trial mode post-pub. Played with a different bunch of friends last night and everyone pretty much just gave up because no one was able to set an actual time to race against. The invalid lap feature really really should be switchable. It makes pissed-up TTs completely joyless :(

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
I got well and truely shafted on catalunya. Qualified 6th, got into 2nd, vettle who was in 1st spun by the end of the 1st lap. So i absolutely nailed it for the next 10 laps, got the fastest lap, by a mile, no one else in sight - came into the pits to change tyres, and came out, 22nd. WTF. There is something fundamentally wrong with this game if that can happen.

I finally got some rain, bit odd though. Quali at Hockenheim, no rain in Q1, heavy rain all through Q2, then Q3 had a 93% chance of rain so I presumed it would be extremely damp already with a high chance of rain...but nope, circuit was bone dry (not so good for my inters!), it did start raining lightly during the session, but I was hoping it would be my first experience of a damp track with a tough tyre choice to make.

Presumably the track resets itself after a session, even if in reality there are only minutes between sessions.

I'm guessing you can't tell us Lee, but can we realistically hope for interval times in the patch or is it all bug fixes?

Lee

BMW M2C
I finally got some rain, bit odd though. Quali at Hockenheim, no rain in Q1, heavy rain all through Q2, then Q3 had a 93% chance of rain so I presumed it would be extremely damp already with a high chance of rain...but nope, circuit was bone dry (not so good for my inters!), it did start raining lightly during the session, but I was hoping it would be my first experience of a damp track with a tough tyre choice to make.

Presumably the track resets itself after a session, even if in reality there are only minutes between sessions.

I'm guessing you can't tell us Lee, but can we realistically hope for interval times in the patch or is it all bug fixes?

That was being worked on, but I can't say for sure if it's made the patch.

Clart, that issue with the pit stops has been fixed in the patch. It was one of the first things the guys fixed. Thank f**k.

I raced in an online league as a guest last night. I talked them down from 100% to 50% on Bahrain, as I didn't want to spend my entire evening racing. It turned out to be a great race. It's amazing how things pan out with people stopping for tyres at different times.

Roy, I know where you're coming from with TT. Good point about relaxing the rules in a local game.

Just got this. Loving apart from

1. Qualified on pole, no warning etc, met objective of qualifing 8th, race day and i start 24th with no explanation :s.
2. 22 Second pit stop on a 12 lap race for no aparent reason :s So came out last

other than that spot on.

biggest fail for me so far. Australia, had a bit of a bump and lost front wing, got it replaced oly to spin on the first corner and loose it again :(

What! I as with Ferrari but got bored. So I started a new career with Lotus as I thought it would be more fun fighting at the back.

I've just qualified 3rd in Bahrain! What! Im in a freakin Lotus! AI is on pro, but I thought it would be much harder than that!

M140i/Orange 182
pissed off. Just Won the championship with Williams (2 races to go), signed for Red Bull for 2nd season. Just started F1 up again and f**king autosave is corrupt.

Is this fixable? PC version.

The corrupt save data issue is a major factor in me not even bothering with career. I have enough issues with the game already. If I lost a career I'd eat my own head :(

The corrupt save data issue is a major factor in me not even bothering with career. I have enough issues with the game already. If I lost a career I'd eat my own head :(

This happened to me, 3 races from the end of my first season. I took it back for a refund.

Lee

BMW M2C
We were amazed the save game bug got through 4 QA departments! They're all usually s**t hot when it comes to TRC/TCR fails.

It's fixed in the patch.

Until then:
Why has my save game become corrupted?

After a practice session where you complete an R&D objective and unlock a new upgrade make sure you then load in to the following qualifying session before exiting the game.

We believe this save game corruption only occurs if, after completing an R&D objective, you...

- Retire to the paddock via the Engineer (in the garage).
- Terminally damage your car and select retire to paddock.
- Get disqualified and select retire to paddock.

As long as you progress to the qualifying session before quitting the game this problem will not occur.

If you have a PS3 save game which corrupted somewhere else in the game, and did not involve R&D objectives, please see this sticky.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
that happened to my Toro Rosso Careear but it was only at Albert Park so not much of a loss

They're hoping to reveal what the patch will fix after this weekend (testing), so I'm guessing a couple weeks yet as it will have to go through MS first.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Oh i forgot to mention it might be a bug but i was glad of it lol, Last week on the first race id qualified on the Hard tyres and started the race, ended up RAGE restarting and eventually turning it off. Anyway come back to it the following day and started the race got around to about the 4th corner and noticed i had the Soft compound tyres on lol!

Clown Car
Is there now a button you can press to request to come back to the pits for tyres etc, when playing F1 2009 on the wii and the tyres start going off, i have had to wait till they nearly destroyed and pits tell me to come in.

Is there now a button you can press to request to come back to the pits for tyres etc, when playing F1 2009 on the wii and the tyres start going off, i have had to wait till they nearly destroyed and pits tell me to come in.

On the Xbox it's Y.

Fabia VRS Special Ed
I'm still stuck on Kuala Lumpa!

althought I haven't had much time to play as of yet, each time I do I'll be quite high up the field (4th/5th) and I'll get a puncture or I get the pitlane glitch, getting sick of it tbh.

The other day i was 3rd and absolutely caning it round, got a puncture and dropped quite a few places on the way round to the pitlane, approached the pitlane in 9th...As i was driving down the pits my team-mate overtook me (ghosted though me), I had to wait for him to finish his stop and then I had mine, I encountered the bug again and ended up coming out dead last. Turned the xbox off and haven't turned it back on since.

Cupra
I have just played this on the G25. Soooo much better than with the rumblepad! Its a great game, even with the bugs. I'm looking forward to the patch though!