ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Middo - Other 21 yr old 172 Drivers

Audi TT 3.2 V6
Hi Guys,

Looking down the 172 upgrade route again at the min. Just wondering what sort of prices your all paying on insurance?

Just done a quote with greenlight which came out at £957 which i thought was quite good. Thats based on me being 21 and having 3 yrs driving and 1yrs no claims, which all being well i should have in july.

Cheers, Russ

Audi TT 3.2 V6
im already 21, have been since november.

Its in july that i have been driving 3 yrs and should have 1st years no claims.
Would have thought a 182 would have been similar on insurance to the 172 tbh

Audi TT 3.2 V6
seems ive got quite a good quote then.

i get paid every 4 weeks (13 paydays a year) so works out at £73 ish a month, nice n managable. only about £10 more than a month than i currently pay on my 1.2. just need to work out costs of upgrading my car now.

im 20 and mine is 1600

2 yrs ncb

Your mod's must be pushing that up Laura, either that or you have points/ an accident. I ve been getting quotes of £1400 fully comp, aged 20, 2.5yrs driving ex, 1yrs NCB, on a ph1 172 and im a boy!

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
im 20 and mine is 1600

2 yrs ncb

Your mod's must be pushing that up Laura, either that or you have points/ an accident. I ve been getting quotes of £1400 fully comp, aged 20, 2.5yrs driving ex, 1yrs NCB, on a ph1 172 and im a boy!

i had a accident in my 1st year of driving, wasnt my fault and i kept my no claims but admiral bump it on up anyway,
plus i was 19 when i took the poilicy out

182 Trophy & Megabusa
21 year olds are lucky, im 19 and paying just over 2.5k for the trophy, but thats with a few mods too.

well worth it tho:)

57 Ibiza Formula Sport
£1,000 female 20 0 yrs NCB on a 182! (not got yet though..) only goes down by £50 when im 21 and 1 yrs NCB... strange!

M111Y CR
Alright middo its milly, i pay £1000 for my 172 with directline and thats with 3yrs driving, 2yrs no claims and 3 points for speeding, so you should get it for about £800 id say!

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
£1,000 female 20 0 yrs NCB on a 182! (not got yet though..) only goes down by £50 when im 21 and 1 yrs NCB... strange!

Out of interest did you buy the rb from essex? I was gonna go look at it a couple of weeks ago, but there was someone going to see it before me and she said she would ring if it didnt sell.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
seems ive got quite a good quote then.

i get paid every 4 weeks (13 paydays a year) so works out at £73 ish a month, nice n managable. only about £10 more than a month than i currently pay on my 1.2. just need to work out costs of upgrading my car now.

Supermarket by anychance?

Chocolate Bar™
Alright middo its milly, i pay £1000 for my 172 with directline and thats with 3yrs driving, 2yrs no claims and 3 points for speeding, so you should get it for about £800 id say!

as in the milly i used to go to school with? i'm confussed lol. Sounds like a decent quote considering i'm getting quoted 1.5k with 0 no claims. I'm 22 now btw russ ;)

The Beast MK4
Im £1k. 21 years old. 0NCD. 172 MK2

With Admiral. They suck balls with mods though. Wanted an extra £100 for different wheels.

57 Ibiza Formula Sport

Out of interest did you buy the rb from essex? I was gonna go look at it a couple of weeks ago, but there was someone going to see it before me and she said she would ring if it didnt sell.

no, it was too far away and i dont have the money yet! did u buy that 1 in your pic or was it u selling it? as i saw that car on ebay and messaged th guy about it, looked perfect but someone told me it gets ragged every day on the way to work as they pass it!!

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
I'm with directline: £1045.

Thats with 3 years driving, No NCB's and a 172 Cup. Im 21.

German Barge
jesus, some of you guys are paying what i paid on my STI!!

im 22 with 5 yrs no claims paying £430 fully comp on a 53 reg 172 cup.

Roadster Coupe
I paid £830 full claims last yr when i was 21. 5 yrs driving with 1 ncb. Was that u i seen the other day orange_taxi near stroud? I was in my flame red.

Last edited:
  Rb182cup+s2 rallye
when i was 21 and had the 172 i was paying 1800 fecking c***s when you have to pay monthly should of been 1300 i think.
700 next year on the williams witch is a little cheaper to insure.

Renault Sport Clio 172
im 21 with 1 year ncb. also got 5 points for a cd10 (drivin without due care and attention) I drive a 172 and it cost me £1035.00 with direct line and i pay monthly and they dont charge more for instalments, plus i have legal cover and a corsey car fully comp.

i could of lowered it if i had put my mum on but thats not very rock and roll. lol