ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fao r-jay

Naples 16v
could you recommend what to use on my laquered valver, because its a bit swirly, Im currently using Mer polish after a good wash and shammy with a synthetic thingy, cheers Dom

106 GTi
You working by hand?

It looks Naples from your avatar?

Working by hand, its going to take some elbow grease to rermove the swirls, best bet is to try some Meguiars Scatch X and a folded Terry Towel to add some more bite. Will take some time and effort to do a car though.

Follow that up with a good polish, sealant and then maybe some wax if you are feeling like going the whole hog.

I would try, Autoglym Super Resin, seal with there Extra Gloss, and a good carnuba wax after like P21s.

Look into a good wash mitt or pad rather than a sponge, to help stop swirl marks.

Naples 16v
yep Naples, already using a wash mit, whats the difference between seal and wax? thanks for the advice- off to halfords

Williams 2
Just a quick question for r-jay:
Did my claying today, paint came up nicely. Followed this up with the AG super resin and extra gloss like u said:D. Gonna do the p21s wax tomorrow. Should I give the car a hose down and dry in the morning to get rid of any contanimates that might have gone on the car over night, or would it b ok to use straight away? Cheers m8, matt.

106 GTi
Oops just seen your pm! - Sorry.

You could take the risk and quick detail the car, or give it a quick wash which would be safer.

I wouldnt just apply the wax without doing one of the above to be honest.

Hope this helps, glad its going well so far.

Cheers

Rich