ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO Rob

I cant be bothered to buy it.... Whats it say?

Thing is reviews I read say the clio is unrefined with a poor driving posision.

They say the Mini Cooper wins hands down.......

They say the Type R handles superb, a little twichy under heavy braking and makes birds wet.

VW Potato

Autocar is a joke, IMHO. They change their mind every 30seconds.

Still want that Cooper Type-R? We drive the Cadburys Creme Egg - the new hot hatch king.

on the Alfa site, we predict their Alfa reviews with frightening accuracy, from the ecstatic first drive in Italy to the group test in the UK (where we lose). I could write what they write, honest, I could.

g

i have to agree about the clios driving postion, its total w**k. ive got used to my valvers driving over time, im still tempted to remove the adjustable runners to lower the seating postion.

i drove blazes 172 @ BBPT RR day too... lovely car tho again kak driving postion. My old XR had a better seating postion.

i think the new generation of toyota supra has the best driving postion ive ever tested... just my view tho...

The after sales was peerless but the journalist was saying even though overall he would give it a good rating its probably a bit unjust to bump up the cars plus points just because the service was good. He grew to like the looks, which is fair enough, even i am warming to them! But he said he would still, as much as he liked it, leave it at the bottom of the super hatch league. The supension is too stiff, needs to learn a lesson from the Impreza, on the limit its adjustability isnt that good and going on a fast B road can be just plain scary. Feeback isnt good enough basically. However as youd expect engine and box where good. It eats up front tyres though and uses quite a lot of oil, as youd expect. Equipment isnt good enough either.

I know this wont change your mind but just letting you know someone has backed my opinion up!

As far as the seating position goes on the Clio it suits me perfectly. Seats themselves have very good side support. No complaints from me.

VW Potato

are the seats in the clios all the same except for the material used? They all look the same shape - unless im wrong the 172 doesnt have any additonal support apart from the lumbar adjustment?

g

Well they do look the same, but mine has no lumbar support or anything, cant say ive had a thorough look at the seats, aslong as by bum is comfy a check isnt needed!

I like hard suspension..... Its got electric windows and mirrors, cd player... lights, window wipers.... what more u want? I like the looks, love the engine.... thought it handled....

I was driving it yesterday as my car was left at work. Its my dads girlfriends, A 230 with AMG alloys in black, nice to look at but not so nice to be inside. I also felt like i should be racing to the hairdressers.

-Rob

Quote: Originally posted by Steve on 03 April 2003

I like hard suspension..... Its got electric windows and mirrors, cd player... lights, window wipers.... what more u want? I like the looks, love the engine.... thought it handled....
Id want aircon and whatever it doesnt come with which the Clio has!

Handles to a point. Anyway not the end of the world you can always sell it if you dont like it and if you like it you made the right choice. Simple?

-Rob

Yup.... Errr normal 172 has no chance to keep up with it.... only the cup can... I prob would get a second hand one, 2 years old 12900 with air con....

No chance? I think that would depend on the driver, i would only have a duel where there are some bends involved, otherwise its not my kinda fun. I could drive a 172 up a b road quicker than a CTR and so would anyone else. OK straight drag yeah youd pull away pretty easily actually..but who cares??

Huh.... na dont think so... If I was driving the CTR you would not beat me in a 172... trust me.... maybe some dick who loves his car so much he dont push it.. but im a racer... not a dick... lol

i love overconfidence...........

cant wait to see you on a track!

shall we say 2 no, 4 secs behind me and rob?