ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO standard williams owners

Is your car boomy on the motorway? Ive got a magnex (came with car) and as nice as it sounds on full throttle I cant take it anymore! I was wondering if it was more down to the lack of sound deadening in the Williams or is it the exhaust or a bit of both? I have replaced the manifold to downpipe sealing ring so that isnt guilty any other ideas? I know this is making me sound very old but its got to the point where Im thinking of replacing the clio but I know Id regret it at every corner. The point is I want to know if its worth investing in a standard exhaust or wont it make much difference? Cheers all,

John

Ive got a Devil system mate.

Its fairly loud on the motorway, but I love the sound of it...

All i do is turn the stereo up, this way u can hardly tell its there ;)

Clio 197

My Willy was absolutely stock and I didnt find it very loud at all. Bit buzzy at European speeds but not bad.

RenaultSport clio v6 255

i had a magnex on mine, sounded great in town but really droany on the motorway, so took it off as i had a standard pipe, it is now prtty quiet on th emway, but still loud. I am thinking of putting it back on now though as starting to mod the engine a bit.

If too loud though do get a standard exhaust mways are fine with it - DONT SELL THE WILLIAMS!!!

Could try putting some of the sound deadening stuff in th epanels and under the carpet = thats my plan when i refit the magnex

Cheers all. Clearly not selling the williams cause what could match it handling wise in the price range but I do want to reduce the noise. If I can get a cheap standard pipe then will give it a go. I put some sound deadening in the boot and it seemed to help a bit might be wishfull thinking though. Same thoughts as sledge racer in that it may get a chip in the future and dont want to take a step back gains wise but want the best of both worlds, lexus one second rally car next!

My Magnex is boomy too - i really mostly do either town or country lane driving so I find it ok

ive got the same problem and it does my head in,gives you a sore head after a while on the motorway,you should have heard mine with the decat pipe! my magnex on my xr2i sounded great,purred like a kitten even on by pass, must be something to do with the clio....