ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAO those who have broken cars

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
On the off chance I have to break my car in case it doesn't sell...I have a quick question!

Once I've stripped everything off it and leave the chassis on the floor on axle stands, how the hell do I get it to the scrappie to get weighed in?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Either on a trailer or just ring someone up out the local paper. A bare shell will get you about £60-£80 weighed in.

(I just weighed 2 in)

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
Do they normally arrive with flat beds and a crane to pick them up then?

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
LOL i think he means how do they get it on the flat bed if it has no wheels?

RS Clio 182
One of my mates took mine,I left the rear beam etc and left the back wheels on.he just hooked it on a dolly and towed it away.then took the alloys off at the yard

182cup & 172 racecar
I just winched ours on the trailer with aid of a trolly jack. No problem at the other end, tractor with big forks on the front.

maynard

ClioSport Club Member
  ph2 172 track car
I just winched ours on the trailer with aid of a trolly jack. No problem at the other end, tractor with big forks on the front.

Could be enlisting your help with the trailer then if the time comes to it!