ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fao: young 172 drivers

dfdf

That sounds expensive but insurance companies do tend to put a large premium on drivers under 21 with cars sbove insurance group 14. When I was 20 i paid £950 fully comp for my Polo GTi (group 12) with 2 years no claims (no points,ect other endorsements on licence) from direct line which was by far the best quote I got at the time. If its any consolation youll prob be paying less than half that amount next year when you turn 21 . Remember speaking to one of my mates at the time who was 19 (1 years ncb) and was paying £1200 for a Saxo VTR (and its only group 8!) :eek:

Remapped derv Golf

Try having a London postcode! Its a load of old C*ck!

£890 and Im 24 with 6 year NCB and 3 points!!!! With Tesco

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 04 January 2004

Quote: Originally posted by jonnyboy on 04 January 2004

£2k for insurance yer fekkin barmy!
Why thankyou.

U are barmy!

Im 22 and paying 760, had my williams when i was 20 an it was exect the same!! Direct line is who im with now and i was with elephant with the williams!

Clio 172 Cup, Audi A

elephant wanted £8000 on a cup .im 21 1yrs no claims, no points, been drivin since oct 2002.

renault wanted £1800 so i went with them.lot cheaper :D

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

is 25 still in the "young" bracket :(

is so im paying £700 fully comp with Protected NCD (5 years) with tesco.

2012 WRX Waggon

kin ell

35 (just) 650 quid Protected FC- over 10 years NCD with direct line. WA13 Postcode, No points.

I am sure I am being shafted!!

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

sounds like it mate, cause ive got 7 points on my license just now.. try an online quote with tescos.. you should be paying nearer 400 quid.

Elise/VX220/R26

Quote: Originally posted by wackojacko on 04 January 2004
If your under 21 directline wont touch you. Hell they couldnt even quote me on a VTR!!

try the ring back and speak to someopne else trick m8. Ive been with them since I was 18.

I still pay over a grand for insurance and Im 24 maybe Im barmy too lol

Quote: Originally posted by garyvts on 04 January 2004

i am 22 with 4yr nc £750fc with direct line. Ca15 post code.
Ca15 postcode? hmm so youre up in cumbria somewhere then? Im from Keswick though living down in Solihull currently - we should meet up when I take my next run-to-the-hills :D

dfdf

Woah, I never realised so many people here with 172s were so young. Makes me feel real old at 24 ! Oh, and by the way, you are all barmy for paying 2k for insurance ;)

Thats showing some seriously zealous dedication to the Renaultsport scence :cool:

Mk4 golf gti

im 18 and pay £1700 on a f**king ka 1.3 8v 63bhp slow arse b*****d, so count urselfs lucky. At least u got sum power unda ur right foot

Quote: Originally posted by visceral on 04 January 2004

kin ell

35 (just) 650 quid Protected FC- over 10 years NCD with direct line. WA13 Postcode, No points.

I am sure I am being shafted!!
Think you are mate ,im 34 (just) and i pay £450 fc with 2 yrs ncd ,Telford postcode . Thats with Admiral .

Street Triple R

try tescos and if you can try and speak to an underwriter, they are the peeps who can either say yes or no, without having to go through the usual system. Believe it or not i managed to get insured on my Evo 2 in this way when i was 19! admittedly it cost quite a bit, but im still with them now for my Evo 4 and im 21 now, paying £1600, with a cr postcode

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

I had my Mk1 172 when I was 23 and paid £750, Im now 25 Years old 6 years No Claims, £1052 fully comp on a new Clio V6.

Both with Admiral.

I feel sorry for you guys.

roamer, hello mate. yeah i am from maryport. up in keswick all the time lately, going snowboarding soon so need to get all the gear. yeah i wouldnt mind a meet sometime when your up.

RB 197 + Cup Pack

Quote: Originally posted by nicky 2stepz on 05 January 2004

im 18 and pay £1700 on a f**king ka 1.3 8v 63bhp slow arse b*****d, so count urselfs lucky. At least u got sum power unda ur right foot
I had a Ford Ka, the policy was under my dads name tho but when it was up for renewal i was gonna put it in my name. I was 18 n got quoted about £800. But then i decided to get rid n get a Cup! The insurance for that aint in my name either tho, couldnt afford to pay the 2/3 k + that i was quoted