ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fast wireless router

currently got my virgin media cable modem connected to a wireless linksys wrt54g router, now if i connect via cable to the router i get 2.7mb connection
if i connect via cable directly to the modem i get 2.7mb

the problem comes when i connect by wireless, it will only connect at 1.2mb.

my lines being upgraded to 20mb in the next couple of days, just waiting for them to send me a new modem to accomodate the speed so im going to be able to get 20mb via cable, but still think im only going to get 1.2 via wireless as it doesnt seem to be able to support it

does anyone know of a decent wireless router that WILL definately work at 20mbps over wireless?

for anyone else with shite wireless connection speeds...

just used www.dslreports.com/tweaks

got speed up from 3mb cable, 1.5mb wireless

to 11mb cable 11mb wireless! by changing the TCP receive window

just need to wait for my new modem to arrive to get the full 20mbps.

Wireless speed is independent of the internet connection speed..

If you're getting 1.5Mb on the wireless, your signal is probably poor - 802.11g is 54Mb, which isn't achievable, but 20Mb certainly is.

TeZ

Non RS : (
hi daz i have a simialr prob for my xbox 360 how can i get a better wireless connection as i get 10mb downstairs on my comp but i don think my xbox gets this at all , please help (BT HOME HUB)

all my speeds above were internet connection speeds via wireless and cable as stated, not wireless connection speeds^^^