ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastchip rs tuner

RSC 182 Cup
I just read that on OzRS Henk. That's a very good gesture on your part and I'm sure Robbo is very happy with that arrangement.

He also posted on OzRs details of the power loss when he first discovered it- IIRC there were torque improvements at lower revs when compared to his standard ECU. Over fueling just appeared to be killing the peak power output on your version? Perhaps just a case of a mismatch with the mods he had done?

172 Cup
I just read that on OzRS Henk. That's a very good gesture on your part and I'm sure Robbo is very happy with that arrangement.

He also posted on OzRs details of the power loss when he first discovered it- IIRC there were torque improvements at lower revs when compared to his standard ECU. Over fueling just appeared to be killing the peak power output on your version? Perhaps just a case of a mismatch with the mods he had done?

what mods did/does he have?

Clio 172
Henk from fastchip has refunded me my money. I do thank him for his kindness, as he did not have to do this. :)

My mods were-
cat back exhuast
panel filter with improved CAI

This was stated at purchase I must say. The remap did show improvements over the midrange which were noticeable and PROVEN with a dyno. But at over 5K, I did lose some power. This was not noticeable with just driving, only when on a dyno did I realise.

This whole saga has been a big misunderstanding with Henk not receiving my original emails in april this year. Had he received them I do believe this would have been sorted quite some time ago.

RB 182 & Lotus Evora
well unfortunatley most people have this exact modification/s so if its going to loose power and overfuel....then there is obviously a problem for more people to come.?

172 Cup
i have: -
viper
decat
cat back
so it sounds ideal for me. last RR was 158bhp @ wheels in august so i'll get another done towards the end of the year and see what it comes in at

are there any dyno figures to back up this product?

Also if I say put a decat on will fastchip send me an updated map?

thanks.

VaVa
well unfortunatley most people have this exact modification/s so if its going to loose power and overfuel....then there is obviously a problem for more people to come.?

No two engines are the same.... it seems that the panel filter does f**k all for flowing more air into the engine.

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Right RR day booked for the 17th of Nov.

Henk has mailed me a new map as there were some changes to make, I'm going to try that out for the next week then run off some more logs for him to look at )

clio sport 2.0 16V 2002
Hi from Czech Republic
I have a big problem. I have ordered renault sport ecu grN( 7711129506) for my series MK2 172. I changed the old one electronic box for this new one grN. The car is not starting now...With the old one, the car is OK. Does anybody know detailed process step by step of configuration of the new ecu grN?
THX alt

Iceburg 172FF
sorry alt CZ dont know the answer to your question but I thought since this thread has been bumped it reminded me I wanted to get an RSTuner so have just bought one :D

RS RIP
Hi from Czech Republic
I have a big problem. I have ordered renault sport ecu grN( 7711129506) for my series MK2 172. I changed the old one electronic box for this new one grN. The car is not starting now...With the old one, the car is OK. Does anybody know detailed process step by step of configuration of the new ecu grN?
THX alt

Maybe try this with Henk, ask him as he seems to know a lot of these things

info@fastchip.nl

2002 172
there never were any dyno results...

im confused with this product. does it let me edit the map sent to my car? can i build my own map off the grpN? can i change fuelling and timing settings? apart from being sent a generic map what does it actually do?

is the data cable (obd cable) included?