ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Faster acceleration for my clio?

Ph 1 172
hello people.
Right ill get straight to the point, i have got a 1.2spi renault clio S-reg with a pipercross induction kit. I want to make my car go a little quicker acceleration wise i know it will never be fast but i wanna make the best out of a bad situation, i have only been driving for 5 months so you guys got any suggestions??? also nothing to expensive im a student lol

Colin-S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup
Drive down a BIG hill !!

Get some Cliosport stickers that should be good for an extra 5bhp.

Try strip the car of any extra weight that you dont need. (lose the rear seats and spare wheel if you have one)

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
honestly - get rid of the induction kit, put standard airbox back in with a new uprated airfilter and re routed air feeds, strip out rear seats and other bits you dont need, change all spark plugs, ht leads and new distributor cap, that will prob be the best noticable gain. Also change oil + filter and gearbox oil.

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
Danlp6 said:
and now for a serious answer.

Laguna 1.8 throttle body. and inlet manifold froma 1.4. get the head ported. decent exhaust, and a filter to fit the tb.

LOL he said hes a student ;)

RacingBlue 182
Danlp6 said:

Laguna 1.8 throttle body. and inlet manifold froma 1.4. get the head ported. decent exhaust, and a filter to fit the tb.
would this make a big difference in acceleration?

RB 200 Cup!
sell it and buy a bigger engined car perhaps? sorry coulnt resist - perhaps pulling out all the interior you dont need would save on weight IMO

Focus ST
If I was you:

-Strip car out.
-Exhaust upgrade.
-Eibach Springs or equiv.
-Optimax Fuel.
-Lose weight + never take passengers.

With the exhaust/filter, you'll get whatever gains your going to get. Reduced weight will help. Springs will give you higher speeds in the corners (quite important as roads these days are never exactly straight).

Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Danlp6 said:

roughtly how much will this cost and are these modifications visible to the insurance company?

Evo4, MITO, 172 TTV6
you could go down a scrappy and get the bits and do it yourself for around 150 quid or get it done proffesionally for maybe 500 -1000! The problem with putting a larger throttle body on is that you will HAVE to have a remap after to get it working correctly etc etc. Thats over 100quid.

Ph 1 172
I think im going to go with the losing weight one.... and lean forward lol ha ha ha also ill do up the windows so i dont get lag lol :)

ajketley said:
you could go down a scrappy and get the bits and do it yourself for around 150 quid or get it done proffesionally for maybe 500 -1000! The problem with putting a larger throttle body on is that you will HAVE to have a remap after to get it working correctly etc etc. Thats over 100quid.

No you wont, as on the laguna its a larger injector too. so it sizes up the fuel for the airflow.

I can get the bits for you, make them ready for fitting for £80.