ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fastest car here

my pets previous owners step-sons great uncles accountants brother knew some people who knew a guy who had attached a jet engine to his clio and is now generating 7,000 bhp and has done the quater-mile in 0.00001 seconds but he reckons if he rips the rear seats out and gets rid of his climate control hell be able to do it at 0 seconds dead!

I think you will find my car is the fasted seeing as ive won more f1 championships than i can remember

you stupid british fools

ps i drive a enzo during the week but id rather have a Clio 182 in racing blue with the stripes and cup packs:D

Quote: Originally posted by Nick Read on 23 December 2004

And another thing...you cant count any standard cars. If youre talking about whos fastest and you allow standard cars to compete, then its really just a pissing contest...whos got the most money. PLus it really needs to be Clios anyway.

Jon I tell you what well do mate, cos IMHO youre a better driver than me but I reckon my cars a lot faster than yours...this year, come down to the French Car Show which is at Bruntingthorpe again, just as far, if not further, for me as for you. Well go up side by side, get the 0-60 timed, get the 1/4 mile timed, get 0-100 timed if we can, and then just keep going along the straight until we run out of runway. What do you reckon?
totally agree needs to be just clios, saying as it is CLIOsport and not anyf**kincaranyofyouf**kershasheardofsport, otherewise its just a load of b****cks!!

when is the French Car Show Nick?

Nick, if Jons a better driver you could get him to do the tests too to see if he can get you running 5 dead to 60 and some 13s up the 1/4 mile strip. Just an idea anyway.

williams and trophy

nick mate......no problems fella.....il probs be there again anyway so il get mine timed this year........like iv said before.......mine seems to pan urs off the line and up to bout 80ish...theats where urs comes back at me.......would be good to see flat out tho...........maybe changing cars int too bad an ida either....let us both feel the pure/forced power of each others cars

BMW 320d Sport

Jesus/Jon - Ive been mulling that one over myself lads. I think itll be worth a bit of a swap over at our next showdown to see whats what. I reckon if you drove it Jon youd be astonished at what it could do in your hands. Only thing is youd have to get used to the clutch. Cant slip it or anything and theres hardly any bite point. Just give it 3000 revs or more and dump it. I have to do that just to get off my driveway in the morning!

Ben - FCS is Sunday 29th May at Bruntingthorpe. Havent seen you for years mate, literally years. Last time was outside Donny in the car park in 2002?

williams and trophy

lol.....think gettin used to the clutch will be quite easy tbh mate......sounds almost exactly the same as mine lol

can be a bit tricky in traffic lol

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

I have to agree Jons car is very quick but its even quicker in his hands....he gets low/dead 2.2 60 ft times every time at the 1/4 mile but Ive never got better than a 2.30! Would be interesting to see Nick and Jons cars go head to head, hell I might come down to watch...and if my car is sorted i might even get close to you two!

PMSL.

Ive never read so much b*llocks.

You guys really do talk a good tale, on the most part your just dreamers nothing wrong with that but its when you start believing it yourself!!

I suggest some of you get out more.

My REAL 1/4 times not quoted book times.

grale approx 240bhp 14.6 96mph 60ft 2.1sec

st205 gt4 approx 280ish bhp 13.9 104mph 2.0sec

Merry Crimbo

the top spec 6R4s have about mailto:400bhp@approx"> 400bhp approx 10,000rpm these engines usually retail for approx £30,000, top spec cars about £60-80k.

[Edited by stu8v on 23 December 2004 at 9:34pm]

due to poor spelling

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

No disrespect Stu but your 1/4 mile times seem pretty slow... I know the 4wd saps a bit of power but Id expect the amazing traction off the line to more than even this out. Compare the times to....

My Williams mailto:14.70@93mph">14.70@93mph 2.3 60ft 129 bhp atw
2lives Williams mailto:14.07@98mph">14.07@98mph 2.2 60ft 139 bhp atw

I expect both the grale and gt4 to be quicker TBH?

No problem,

they both loose approx 80-90 bhp through the trans AFAIK, but as im sure you will find power will have to go up massively to get any quicker just the law of diminishing returns.

Look at the big power boys, norris evo etc 700bhp to do 10s so in reality not too bad

gt4 1400kg

grale 1300kg

A mate did 14s all day in his m3 e46 thats all it could do regardless of launch and you must admit there not slow.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT

me too, they heavy cars?

<<---clio 16v - 14.1@97

my mates got an evo2, 270@fly, 191@wheels. power to weight @ wheels is 159@wheels/per ton for both cars! evo has better traction, but from rolling nowt in it hardly

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Fair enough, puts into perspective how quick a few of the clios on here are I suppose....I would expect to get raped by a grale especially from standing...cant wait to get my car running properly!

Quote: Originally posted by Noblelima on 23 December 2004

my pets previous owners step-sons great uncles accountants brother knew some people who knew a guy who had attached a jet engine to his clio and is now generating 7,000 bhp and has done the quater-mile in 0.00001 seconds but he reckons if he rips the rear seats out and gets rid of his climate control hell be able to do it at 0 seconds dead!

:D

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 23 December 2004

PMSL.

Ive never read so much b*llocks.

You guys really do talk a good tale, on the most part your just dreamers nothing wrong with that but its when you start believing it yourself!!

Merry Crimbo

the top spec 6R4s have about mailto:400bhp@approx">400bhp approx 10,000rpm these engines usually retail for approx £30,000, top spec cars about £60-80k.

[Edited by stu8v on 23 December 2004 at 9:34pm]

due to poor spelling

lol......and my REAL 1/4 times are a few 14.0s and a shed load of 14.1s.....terminals mostly around the 97-98mph mark...got a fair bit of film footage, witnesses, and timing slips to prove if u want lol

Punto/Clio GTT

last time i went to pod my clio 1.4s maxim done the 1/4 in 7 seconds flat at 176mph. only mods are cliosport rear sticker which apparantly gives me 700 bhp and some rear downforce. allowin me to power up the straight.

.. :)

FM

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 24 December 2004

last time i went to pod my clio 1.4s maxim done the 1/4 in 7 seconds flat at 176mph. only mods are cliosport rear sticker which apparantly gives me 700 bhp and some rear downforce. allowin me to power up the straight.

.. :)

FM
I think we wore this joke out further up in the thread.... ;)

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d

Quote: Originally posted by stu8v on 23 December 2004

Nothing special there... got several time slips to prove I am quicker than your Lancia... ;)

Deltas are slow for what I thought they would be in my own experience. Had a blast against a stripped out one last summer and he was only just edging away from me in 2nd and he got the power down 1st from standing. Still a lovely car, just expected them to be much more than that.

williams and trophy

the red one that goes to york is pullin 11s..................

lovely motors, but again like jesus said.....would expect them to be a lot quicker than that

BMW 320d Sport

And I second that.

Willy WIlliams - it was and still is a 16v. Just its turbocharged now.

Stu8V...just interested to know, who exactly do you think are the dreamers on here? Most of us left still on this thread are hardened quarter milers who dont claim anything unless weve got the ticket to back it up.

Getting back to quarter miling theory, my experience is that whatever time you lose on the 60ft, you lose at the line, and then some. So Jon usually runs the 60ft in 2.2, I on the other hand struggle to get under 2.5. So best case for me head to head with Jon is that hes at least 0.3 in front once were both getting proper traction. Now if I could get that 60ft sorted like he can, that would take at least 0.3 off my ET, although Id probably lose a little terminal speed as well. But Id be then looking at high 13s. Anyway Ive got a plan, which is going into effect first time I can get up to the Pod in January or February. If its a dry Sunday, Im there.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

With a terminal that quick Nick youll definatley get into the 13s sooner....or later. IMO once you get 15s on there, youll be a into 13s straight away!
Oh and I wonder how quick the yellow beast will be once its got it t/bs?? Gotta be in the 13s easily....

BMW 320d Sport

THats what I console myself with as I lie there at night sobbing about how I cant crack into the 13s! Apart from the fact that Im a bad driver, it doesnt help, running 17" rims and low profile tyres, which is what I always run whenever Im being timed.

Hippys bus of LOVE !!!

Quote: Originally posted by bambam1 on 18 December 2004

mike t has the quickest, and i doubt anyone here would get close to his supercharged v6

*Coughs*

Mine MUST be in with a shout !!!

Think Pink :p

[Hides]

Nick - think youre right there mind, it was outside the donny car show 2002 last time i seen ya, will deffo be at more rwyb/shows etc this coming year, want to try my bike up the 1/4 see how it fairs, be nice to know what time ill get on it.

GTiR 394bhp

My knackered old engine did a 12.7sec @ 107mph with a slipping clutch.I should see mid 11secs @ 115mph or so on the new spec when finished running in over January/February.

Markus, my pal had a 400bhp GTIR, doubt it would see an 11.5 1/4 mile though. Thats maclaren F1 pace.

As to 1/4 mile times, unless run at the pod they mean nothing IMO. Anyone can strip the car, and run on petrol fumes. York times and pod times vary quite a bit.

I reckon 60 onwards myself and hippychick will need something special to convincingly pass us 60-160.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

York use the same timing equipment as the pod IIRC and a few members off here have been to both and run similar times...Adams_16v and 2live spring to mind.....

GTiR 394bhp

Quote: Originally posted by Mitchy on 25 December 2004

Markus, my pal had a 400bhp GTIR, doubt it would see an 11.5 1/4 mile though. Thats maclaren F1 pace.

As to 1/4 mile times, unless run at the pod they mean nothing IMO. Anyone can strip the car, and run on petrol fumes. York times and pod times vary quite a bit.

I reckon 60 onwards myself and hippychick will need something special to convincingly pass us 60-160.

Theres more than one way to skin a cat and more than one way to get 400bhp.Its been built for reliability and would take more power on a bigger turbo&wilder cams but I chose this spec for a reason.Im pretty confident Ill hit mid 11s but well have to see.

Ive run a 12.3sec @ 110mph at the pod in a mates car with less power than mine had when I ran at York,so make sense of that.York is also an official FIA venue so thats good enough for me,if not you;).

I doubt Id pass anybody 60-160 as Ive had a custom ratio box made which will top out around 150mph.Im considering having a second map with an 8000rpm rev limit though for 1/4 miling/topspeed runs(such as TOTB)which would allow me to stay in 4th over the line and hit around 160mph or so.

Im aiming for 0-60 in approx 3.5secs,0-100 in approx 8-9secs with lots of midrange torue and minimal lag.

My comments where never aimed at the genuine racers just the dreamers who think tinkering will give monster power.

Out of interest what spec/power are you guys got to be running 14s?

About 4-5 years ago my mate had a valver with a chip, exhaust, filter, and really sticky tyres SO2s and he couldnt beat mid 15s on the strip. At the time it was one of the quickest when we went to the RWYBs at York but saying that they where never that popular then.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Stu8v-The only valvers that run 14s are ones with the williams f7r engine, this alone will get you into the high 14s or even mid 14s if the engine is tweaked (rebuilt/chipped) to get below 14.4 cams are required to get down to 14.1/14.2 ..these cars are also either totally stripped or have back seats/shelf etc out and have approx 175/180 bhp....

Skiddusmarkus- i look forward to seeing your beast down at York RWYB I got hooked last year and Im hoping to go to 4-5 next year...

[Edited by Martin. on 26 December 2004 at 10:55am]

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by TheJesus on 25 December 2004

what exactly is it your creating again?
im putting a "played with" megane RS engine into my clio = 270bhp+

6speed box and the option of antilag too if it isnt quick enough!!!!

im in Singapore at the mo, en route to Sydney, work starts when im back on the 16th of Jan