ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fastest clio

Clio V6
If the question is 'which Clio would you choose in order to get the fastest lap on a variety of courses?' then I would choose the Trophy everytime.

Tav

Clio 197
I'm not even sure the Trophy's suspension would give it any speed advantage. It's still running on the same type of tyre and lugging around very similar weight. It would prob. feel better though...that's the difference between each model...feel.

clio 200
yeah i was talking about standard cars.

i know i feel better about ragging my 200 down a b road than the 182 i drove recently due to the fact its more predictable and easier to drive.if it inspires confidence then u will go quicker i reckon

not saying it would be anymore fun than a 172/182 just easier.i also agree with a v6 in the right hands its a serious tool

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
yeah i was talking about standard cars.

i know i feel better about ragging my 200 down a b road than the 182 i drove recently due to the fact its more predictable and easier to drive.if it inspires confidence then u will go quicker i reckon

not saying it would be anymore fun than a 172/182 just easier.i also agree with a v6 in the right hands its a serious tool

Depends on lots of things IMO. I've had my h&r'd Clio for nearly 4 years now, and I find it very predictable driving along fast B roads etc.

clio 200
yeah my 197 was h&r'd and was really good on b roads,better than the cup pack on my 200 tbh.

thats another thing too depends how long uve owned ur car and how used to it u are

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
we used to have our very own stig , some say he only sleeps for 3 hours a year , but we just know him as lusty

Trophy #473
Yes they are pretty stiff on the road, but never driven any other variants other than a ph1 172. The Trophy is noticbly grippier and more controled than the Ph1.

H&R + Pole Position'd Cup
If we're talking standard cars I reckon it'd be the 172 Cup.

Thats my humble biased opinion.

b/g 182, meg tourer
all being totally standard i would say 200, ph1 172 or 182 trophy.
it would be close tbh. there is really not a lot in it across the whole range. williams are bloody quick too.

williams and trophy
Yes they are pretty stiff on the road, but never driven any other variants other than a ph1 172. The Trophy is noticbly grippier and more controled than the Ph1.

hmmm. i had a guy in a trophy round oulton. he was a race driver, with the trophy being his wives evryday car. i was panning him on the longer straights, faster corners, where he was reeling me back in on the tighter corners. altho he was running r888s and me fukt michy pe2s, the willy on same tyres would have demolished him i think tbh. hes the closest one iv encountered so far....and i wouldnt put my driving ability as championship class winner status as his was.

Italian 3.2 V6
172 cup and 182 trophy are as quick as each other, neither is faster...

New 200 cup would scran them both tho! Easy!!

clio 200
dude has got serious skill and serious balls!!

he can use his own car tho cause he aint getting mine to do that with lol!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
all depends on the road.. if its very twisty and small straight roads to put your foot down and just lots of corners it could be one car.. and if its got a few tight corners but got a good road to get to a high speed then its another.. but it would be fairly close between the 182 trophy or 200 cup imo. Although my opinion doesnt matter as i only have a 1.2 8V so my car is definately off the list ;)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
I drove one when they first came out,
a mate traded in his remapped 182cup for it and he was very disappointed,
as it just didn't have any balls in comparison.

It's a very nice car but as standard, you really have to rev the nuts off it to get anything out of them,
but I guess comparing a remapped 1*2 to an R27 isn't really a fair comparison as they're completely different animals.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Im lucky as I've never properly driven a 182... I just went and bought the r27 :p

It's a pain to drive but it's amazing when it's on the boil. I love it :approve:

Also. The pops that can only be described as furious are stupidly addictive :p

Golf 7R
The only Renaultsport I haven't owned is a Trophy, but out of the ones I have owned, the 200 would take some beating point to point.