ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest you’ve gone in a Clio

Iv done 135mph 4 up in my valver with an exhaust then run outta road, think it will hit the red line at 142.

BUT just had it chipped reds at 7500 but aint had a chance to use it yet:cry:

19 16V

Hehe I have a pick of my 1.4RT with the needle going off the scale..... it was jacked up and had no wheels on mind you! ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Vtec Abuser on 26 June 2003

158mph. But mines not a Clio!
Neither is mine, but there is no way my R will get anywhere near 158. All three of my gay friends who own Black R Types can only manage 142 tops.

What kind of polish do you use?

clio 20v

Quote: Originally posted by d34rds on 26 June 2003

I been about 147 mph in a Williams 3 and its only got an Filter and exhaust! The look on my mates face when he saw us right behind him in his 400bhp 300ZX well till he put his foot down and left us!
must hav had a chip aswell cos a willy will limit in 5th at just under 140 on the speedo

mine does just over 140 on the speedo on the limiter in 5th, need a 6 speeder i think hehe

adi

my hubby was doing 140 on a duel carrage way, 2am when a dear steped out............................................................missed it by a whisker, he was sh*tting it :confused:

Megane 225 baby! :)

Been up to 120-125 on a number of occasions with just me and with 3 others in the car!

silver valver/hybrid

think we have done this before, but here goes..

off the clock at 100 in my 1 litre micra,

115mph in my 1,4 rt

140 mph in the 16v

all indicated at the speedo and on pretty level roads.

Ive done 80mph!!! - in fairness though, im still wearinf the engine in so that equates to 4000revs, only 50 miles left till i can go above that.

But done 113 in my discovery, felt about 80-90 until i had to break and the only thing i could see was the road as the car was tilting forward, not going to do that again in a hurry!!! (on the very very slight down hill bit of the M25 north - no not the whopping hill!!!)

yea i think the civic is talking bollox,

mr bean is right they aint that quick i was racing two iof them the other week one was standard, and the other a turbo

on the M25 downhill the standard one was behind me by 10-15 car lengths and the turbo was sitting next to me, he phoned me and said do u know your doing 147mph,

to which my reply was "sorry i was watching the bloody road",

now his civic will do over 160mph trust me its to damn quick

Tom

I scraped a ton downhill on a motorway! I wish I had a valver or a 172!

I did 85 in my mini today, it felt like 150! it was scary as hell but fun!

ive had 130 out of my valver with full ss exhaust de-cat and inductionkit , thats with 17s on ,wasnt flat out tho ...

Alfa Mito 155TB

My 172 will do 144mph on a private flat road because of gearing limitations and 147 downhills on a private road due to the law of physics helping out !!

clio sport mk1 golf

chloe has made 110 mph on a motorway one night, but it wasnt for long i didnt lie it and she was tired. dont normally go above 65mph, charlotte seemed a little quicker on the test drive, but shes a 1.8 16v and little chloe is a little 1.2 8v, but they both look sexy, so i dont go fast anyhow.:oops:

Golf 1.4 TSI

I MANAGED ABOUT 115MPH IN MY 1.2 DYNAMIQUE BEFORE I GOT MY 172 AND THAT WAS DOWNHILL ON A MOTERWAY NEAR THE SCOTTISH BORDER AFTER TRAVELLING FOR A COUPLE OF HOURS OVER 100, HAVENT TRIED THE 172 YET STILL RUNNING IT IN BUT IM PRETTY SURE 115 IS BEATABLE

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by MrBean on 26 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Vtec Abuser on 26 June 2003

158mph. But mines not a Clio!
Neither is mine, but there is no way my R will get anywhere near 158. All three of my gay friends who own Black R Types can only manage 142 tops.

What kind of polish do you use?

They must be gay if they can only get 142mph out of it. Ive still got a pic of me doing that somewhere. Ill see if I can dig it out.

THE CUPS SPEC SAYS IT DOES 138MPH AND PEEPS ON HERE SAY THEYVE GOT 147 AND STUFF,SOOOO Y CANT THE CIVIC GET 158MPH?ITS SPEC SAYS 148MPH,158MPH SOUNDS REASONABLE TO ME.

MR BEANS CTR AND HIS GAY MATES DINT EVEN MAKE THE SPEC TOPSPEED,HOW MANY CARS DO YOU PEEPS KNOW THAT DO LESS THAN THERE SPOSE TO?IVE NEVER HEARD IT MYSELF

Golf GTI Ed30

Hear, hear. I never said my car has been scientificly timed at that speed. Im just going by what the speedo says. Dont forget you normally take up to 10% for inaccuracy.

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 26 June 2003

140 still pulling(a little) then decided it probably wasnt a wise move on a dual carridgeway even though it was about 12.30am
ill vouch for that.....me & BenR were doing about 130+ and lil si crept past......was it a public road then??....jeez...i thought it was a race track !!!

williams and trophy

Quote: Originally posted by adiclio16v on 26 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by d34rds on 26 June 2003

I been about 147 mph in a Williams 3 and its only got an Filter and exhaust! The look on my mates face when he saw us right behind him in his 400bhp 300ZX well till he put his foot down and left us!
must hav had a chip aswell cos a willy will limit in 5th at just under 140 on the speedo

mine does just over 140 on the speedo on the limiter in 5th, need a 6 speeder i think hehe

adi

adi stop talkin out ur arse lol

u know a non chipped willy will top out at over 140 on speedo,with correct size tyres etc

hehe

clio sport mk1 golf

what kinda people are you!!! taking photos at that speeed!! your mad!!! look out for mr bunnykins and mr hedgehog!!!:eek:

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

i will vouch for the CTR - i have been in my mates at 150mph still had a little left.

Off the clock in mine (redline is at 167mph) and i was at the red line :eek: so its quicker than one of those ctr things ;) (and it gets there quicker too :D) but was having fun with a 300zx at the time (who also got a quick speed).

Tony

Quote: Originally posted by Fatherted on 27 June 2003

Quote: Originally posted by 172loony on 26 June 2003

140 still pulling(a little) then decided it probably wasnt a wise move on a dual carridgeway even though it was about 12.30am
ill vouch for that.....me & BenR were doing about 130+ and lil si crept past......was it a public road then??....jeez...i thought it was a race track !!!
hehe and when we pulled up at the petrol station both yours and bens manifolds were glowing the same colour as your wheels