ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fastest you’ve gone in a Clio

Clio v6

A better effort than the above. I see CTR owners have flaws in their PhotoShop abilities too.

Tip : Dont leave masks unflattened.;)

I CANNOT believe a 1.2 16v could do 120mph!!! Ive got one and would never push it past 90mph!!! The engines simply are not designed for that speed, all you peeps pushing it to 115 your engines arent going to last long!!! I thought I was pushing it when I take it up to 80.

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by MrBean on 27 June 2003

Your alarm clock is going off.
Dont know if youve actually got a CTR, or whether your just on a wind up mate. But either you cant drive it properly, or you just havent taken it to its limits. Cause I am NOT talking bullsh*t. If it takes for me to go out and actually film me doing it, then I will.

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by TB11 on 27 June 2003

Off the clock in mine (redline is at 167mph) and i was at the red line :eek: so its quicker than one of those ctr things ;) (and it gets there quicker too :D) but was having fun with a 300zx at the time (who also got a quick speed).

Tony
Pretty rapid then. Not standard I take it?

Golf GTI Ed30

Quote: Originally posted by cuptastic on 26 June 2003

yea i think the civic is talking bollox,

mr bean is right they aint that quick i was racing two iof them the other week one was standard, and the other a turbo

on the M25 downhill the standard one was behind me by 10-15 car lengths and the turbo was sitting next to me, he phoned me and said do u know your doing 147mph,

to which my reply was "sorry i was watching the bloody road",

now his civic will do over 160mph trust me its to damn quick

Tom
CTRs got a bigger top end than a Cup mate. The standard one had quite a goooooooooooooood driver in it by the sounds of things.

Vtec, nope shes not standard but i had a nice slipstream which probably helped me a little ;) but the 300zx had quite a bit left over me so i would have been toast after that

Tony

Willy2

done 126 in my valver and there was more i swear

170 in my mates cossie wouldnt go much faster g/b wouldnt allow!

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

139 on clocks in a Williams, on the limiter, with decat and k&n (163bhp - dyno proven)

fastest been in any car... 154 in a Soarer twin turbo

williams and trophy

hehe been up to 145 ish b4 the limiters cut in on several occasions in many dif weather conditions lol

as visceral said earlier 145 in pouring rain slightly creeping away from him................just lol

and several times with 2 or 3 ppl in to about 135 ask craggy adi etc hehe on the limiter, with de-cat n filter n zorst(mailto:149@wheels">149@wheels dyno-proven)runnin 14.6 -14.9 1/4s no probs

fastest in any car was bout 149 in v6 mondeo ghia hehe at 3pm on m62 MAD

I hit 120 down dronfield bypass two up but then the f**k no im gonna lose me licence factor came in and I let off. Strange thing is ive done 140+ on me bike (YZF750) loads of times. Ok you still get the same paranoia but it seem so much more illegal in a car.

Parhaps is just the sheer effort of hiiting these speeds.

and the fact its less likely anyone will get your plate on a bike and that you have more of a chance to fook off and run from the police whereas in a car youre screwed if anyone sees you

Quote: Originally posted by Paul Clio 16v on 28 June 2003

I hit 120 down dronfield bypass two up but then the f**k no im gonna lose me licence factor came in and I let off. Strange thing is ive done 140+ on me bike (YZF750) loads of times. Ok you still get the same paranoia but it seem so much more illegal in a car.

Parhaps is just the sheer effort of hiiting these speeds.
Another Paul Clio 16v who lives near the Dronfield bypass?!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!

130mph in my williams 3!!

didn,t really seem to wanna pullmuch more than that!?!?

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

132 ish uphill with a m8 in the car run out of road (read as balls) after 132

Done about (indicated) 135 in the Bros willy, 140 in the RS. Hit about 130 last night in the mates M3.

Fun fun fun!

Until some tw*t pulls out in front of you and you realise that, at 140mph, its like braking from the motorway limit to a standstill (i.e. losing 70mph) to get back to 70!!

mine is twenty nine point seven miles per hour in my cup, it was bouncing off the limiter, but that was the fastest I got to.

/y0z

I dont believe that speedo unless mk1s rev higher.

I maxed out about 147 ish the green gear change light was lit and that was that.

187 mph on my bike though talk about a slight bend lol every bends is very hard to get round.

1.6 8v with 17s and lowerd 40 mil, / shocks, and i only get 110 :confused: i dont think its a 1.6 i think its a 1.2 8v in discuise :confused:

its ok though, once i find the engine, ill be having a 172 with a turbo, in my rxe shell :D:D:devilish:

CTR EK9 turbo

Quote: Originally posted by Mrdemon on 01 July 2003

I dont believe that speedo unless mk1s rev higher.

I maxed out about 147 ish the green gear change light was lit and that was that.

187 mph on my bike though talk about a slight bend lol every bends is very hard to get round. <SCRIPT language=javascript>
if you crunch the gears enough times you can actually make another cog which has a higher ratio and achieve speeds ferraris can only dream of

160ish in Supra but was more concerned with lorrys pulling out to have a good look

but only true measured speed i know ive done is 101.4 mph as it is what they read out @ court. And thats when the unmarked BMW finally caught me up going up the slip rd..

Good job he didnt see me 15mls back down the m/way maxin out in the TT Supra.