ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FAT32, NTFS, exFAT & XBOX

Monaco 172
basically ive a 1tb WD MyBook. it was FAT32 but wouldnt hold a 10gig file. so i changed it to NTFS, file saved ok BUT i just read the xbox 360 doesnt accept NTFS for some silly reason. f**k!

does anyone know a way to make the drive that i can plus it in to the xbox, it will recognise it and still be able to save larger HD files to it?

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Unfortunately the PS3 only supports ext3 on the internal drive, not external otherwise you could have used that. I'm suprised the 360 doesnt support NTFS seeing as thats a MS filesystem on an MS product..

182FF with cup packs
If you format a disc with HFS+ (the Mac format) it works. The Xbox can read HFS+ already, but you need a program like MacDrive to read/write it on your PC.

The other simple method is to use FAT32, and just cut the movie up into 4GB chunks and play them 1 after another.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
A little of topic, but Pete (OP), how do you find the video play back quality when playing back of the external HD? Mine seems a little bit jittery. I have the same HD that's why I'm asking. Don't know if my Xbox is fucked or what.

Monaco 172
so far ive found it grand, ive watched a few movies and episodes of heroes lol no complaints if im perfectly honest!

ill maybe get another hdd and try that apple carry on as ive just copied all the stuff back onto my other drive!

cheers for replies

DCi
Unfortunately the PS3 only supports ext3 on the internal drive, not external otherwise you could have used that. I'm suprised the 360 doesnt support NTFS seeing as thats a MS filesystem on an MS product..
yeah me too, i can only assume it is to make it more difficult to put files on it that ms dont want there?